IRC Environmental Health Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
IRC Environmental Health Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Scope of Work The Environmental Health (EH) Coordinator is the focal point for environmental health programs in Nigeria and ensures the implementation of quality WASH programing in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states.
The EH Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with all partners, including the Ministry of Water, Ministry of Health, UN agencies and other NGOs, and will also be responsible for fulfilling IRC’s strategic objectives for the EH sector.
Program Management & Development
• Oversee the technical aspects of the implementation and coordination of the EH program; providing support to the program managers and field teams to develop work plans to guide implementation of approved grants.
• Support the program managers and field teams in the technical design, implementation and monitoring of work plans, ensuring that activities reflect the commitments made to the donor and the communities we serve.
• Work closely with M&E team to develop and improve M&E and feedback mechanisms for the EH program, ensuring that the EH teams in the field actively monitor set indicators and effectively address concerns of the target communities.
• Work closely with Supply Chain department to develop and monitor procurement and distribution plans on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate and participate in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the IRC EH program in accordance with the country program’s strategy action plan.
• Coordinate and participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the Grants and Finance departments.
• Work with the Senior Program Coordinator and the EH team to strengthen the WASH sector in Nigeria, defining the strategic direction of EH programming and developing a sector strategy that fits into the IRC2020 strategy.
• Support emergency needs assessments in response to the developing humanitarian situation.
• Together with field teams, develop programs and proposals for rapid and timely support of populations affected by conflict.
• Work with the SPC and Human Resources to ensure the Performance Management System documentation for the program teams is in place and followed up regularly.
• Provide ongoing training, technical support, and guidance to the program manager and ensure all EH staff adhere to best practices in all aspects of program implementation.
Grants Management & Reporting
• Review progress in achieving program objectives and targets in collaboration with the program managers.
• Participate in grant opening, mid-term review, and grant closing meetings.
• Draft technical aspects of internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required.
• In collaboration with the program
managers, review Budget vs. Actual expenditures for EH programs on a monthly basis. Bring any over/under expenditure issues to the attention of the Senior Management Team in a timely manner and jointly develop corrective plans in collaboration with the SPC and the Grants team.
Representation & Coordination
• In coordination with the SPC, actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
• Establish networks with UN, INGOs, and local partners to promote technical capacity and develop strategic partnerships, including active participation in cluster meetings.
• Represent the EH program with national authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, and other stakeholders.
• MSc or equivalent in Civil, Environmental Engineering or Public Health (MPH) degrees, with Water and Sanitation specialization preferred
• In lieu of master’s degree, an additional 2 years of relevant experience maybe considered
• Experience working in humanitarian and insecure environments. Minimum of five years overseas professional experience in program design and implementation in the field of environmental health
• Experience in emergency response
• Demonstrated experience in project design and development, including needs assessment and proposal development
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building
• Demonstrated experience in project management, including budget management
• Understanding of protection principles as well as conflict sensitivity
• Experience in working with and coordinating with donors, UN agencies, INGOs, and other stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and writing skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Additional qualities: ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Environmental Health Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.