IRC Deputy Regional Director - Great Lakes Jobs in Kenya
IRC Deputy Regional Director - Great Lakes Jobs in Kenya
Position Overview The DRD will be responsible for program design and implementation in IRC’s country programs in the Great Lakes region. S/he will be an ambassador for organizational priorities and goals to these country programs and supporting country programs to implement IRC’s Strategy100 through the development and the implementation of their SAP.
Exercising the delegated authority of the RVP, the DRD provides a range of strategic, programmatic and operational management support to country programs and regional colleagues. A key function of the role is to navigate the organization on behalf of the country programs. The DRD will travel regularly to country offices to provide management support, including exceptional management of specific issues as required, and to supervise program quality. A significant portion of the DRD’s time will be spent on business development activities, regional representational activities, Strategic Plan monitoring, and staff mentoring.
• Work closely with the RVP to ensure that the IRC’s global strategy is understood and guides decision-making throughout the region.
• Drive institutionalization of the Outcomes and Evidence Framework, IRC’s program design tools.
• Support delivery of country-level strategy action plans (SAPs). Facilitate and coordinate regional participation in global strategy discussions, initiatives and pilots.
• Oversee implementation of SAP monitoring mechanism and review process, including leading annual SAP reviews and reporting.
• Build consensus around a common vision of what shared success in the Great Lakes looks like, including developing and tracking appropriate indicators.
Leadership & Coordination
• Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Provide leadership to increase country programs’ coordination, collaboration, communication and harmonization of programming.
• Drive detailed coordination between programming and operations and across sectors and outcomes, with the objective of improving the quality of IRC programs and impact on the people IRC serves.
• Facilitate close and efficient coordination of regional staff’s support to the country programs, and with headquarters departments on common programming, operational and funding issues.
• Coordinate with regional INGOs, Donors and UN representatives in Nairobi, ensuring that IRC’s remains a key partner in coordination mechanisms hosted in Kenya.
Innovation & Program Quality
• Manage the region’s relationships with the Technical Units (TUs), and support TU-country program collaboration to optimize impact on program quality within and across country programs.
• Strengthen the region's readiness to respond to new emergencies in line with global IRC emergency response and preparedness guidelines.
• Facilitate sharing and learning across countries, and support country programs to incorporate learning from other regions into project design and operations management.
• Coordinate the region’s engagement with IRC’s R&D lab.
• Engage the regional team and country programs in ongoing context analysis to ensure IRC programs are continually adapted to the evolving contexts across the region.
• Ensure that programs are designed and implemented in support of IRC’s vision of cost-effective and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to the local context and the priorities of our beneficiaries.
• Where applicable support
country teams to adopt and use industry-standard remote management practices and maximize program quality and controls.
Business Development & Partnerships
• In coordination with the IRC’s Awards Management Unit, provide focused business development support to country programs, building country capacity to win multi-year and high value projects.
• Take go/no-go decisions regarding pursuit of regional funding opportunities. In coordination with Country Directors, engage in strong regional-level representation with governments, donors, international and local NGOs.
• Ensure timely submission of driven, responsive and high-quality proposals that align with country priorities identified in Strategy Action Plans, and support country program colleagues in negotiations with donors.
• Be responsible for the design and implementation of IRC’s work in partnership to support and build capacities of local civil society and other key Partners, positioning IRC as a valued INGO partner.
• Participate in shaping policy positions and advocacy messages pertaining to the overall humanitarian situation and IRC’s response in the Great Lakes region.
• Support programs in networking and alliance-building activities, promoting cross-sectoral engagement with the private sector, universities, research institutions, and other potential “non-traditional” partners.
• Support the development of country business development plans which marry the priority outcomes identified in each country.
• Extensive field experience leading humanitarian, protracted and/or post-crisis development programs with demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate in sophisticated and often insecure working environments.
• 7-10 years in senior program management roles, with several of these being in an international NGO.
• Post-graduate qualification or equivalent proven experience in a relevant field.
• A unique background in programs, with strong understanding of M&E, strong analytical skills, and experience leading strategic planning processes
• Proven records to influence peer agencies, local government and community leaders to work effectively towards a common and agreed upon result.
• Proven records to evaluate and implement standard methodologies and processes affecting multiple technical specialties to achieve rapid, consistent and high quality outcomes.
• Demonstrated expertise in representation and negotiations, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organization
• Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching. Must be able to give direction from a variety of management styles and roles.
• Receptive and collaborative leadership approach that contributes to positive team environment, builds and maintains strong relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Strong commitment to the IRC’s mission, purpose and values.
• Fluency in English and French.
• Previous experience with IRC is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Deputy Regional Director - Great Lakes Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.