IRC Data Analyst_WISH2ACTION Jobs in Kenya
IRC Data Analyst_WISH2ACTION Jobs in Kenya Reporting to the Senior Health Coordinator WISH the WISH Data Analyst will fulfil the Technical Unit goal of increasing quality, quantity and usage of WISH project data at the Technical Unit and in the 4 WISH implementing countries namely – Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan and Somalia.
They will ensure the creation and maintenance of accurate, up to date data sets relevant to IRC’s work across the WISH project.
A significant focus will be working with COMET- The IRC’s data management system and WISH DHIS2 – The WISH project data platforms.
Both are DHIS 2 based platforms.
The role will be responsible for WISH project data management as well as management and use of the WISH Indicator Tracking tool at regional and country level.
The position will also ensure that systems and tools are in place to support quality data capture, analysis and data use for project decision making that are in line with the IRC good and great standards.
The data analyst will also take an active role in supporting adaptive project management through active participation in learning and work planning meetings.
Data Administration, Analysis, and Delivery
• Track and respond to requests for data from IRC information systems
• Extract and clean “raw” data from IRC systems, to prepare for aggregation and analysis, with a particular emphasis on COMET and OTIS
• Clean and analyse program datasets in Excel, COMET and WISH (DHIS2) and other data sources
• Support development of data products to deliver data to stakeholders including regional WISH team and country leadership
• Facilitate learning sessions on data products, data quality and reporting functionality, including guiding users towards “self-service” solutions.
• Build visualizations and/or dashboards to communicate key data points and analysis to regional and country program users
Data Quality and Systems
• Collect, analyse, clean and compile Monthly WISH data from county programs.
• Work with colleagues across the IRC to ensure accuracy of reference and master data within information systems
• Development, maintenance and tracking of the indicator tracking tool for WISH and ensure that it informs decision making
• Develop and refine processes to monitor quality of data entry; for data that is missing, inaccurate or out-of-date and propose steps to remedy in collaboration with stakeholders
• Support development and maintenance of training and learning materials on the IRC’s data systems
• Support analysis of data needs, quality issues, and system improvements to drive improved data quality and use
• Timely submission of donor Data reports
• Conduct periodic data quality audits in collaboration with the RMAC and Country colleagues and follow up on action planning items
• Work flexibly within the Regional Measurement Unit team to support other areas of work relevant for WISH
• Support WISH Hub needs on data and data quality including ensuring timely submission of data requests
• Participate in the Project cycle meetings to improve overall project monitoring
• Support provision of data for documentation of evidence and learning working closely with the WISH Evidence and Learning Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (Economics, Statistics, Administration, International Affairs, Social Work, etc.) - or equivalent
• 4 years related work experience desirable; familiarity with low resource or emergency contexts a plus
• Experience in data analysis to reproductive health programs
• Familiarity with low resource or humanitarian contexts a plus.
• Professional proficiency in English required
• High quality Excel skills; experience with data cleaning an advantage
• Competency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis software (ex: SPSS or Stata, Epi Info, Atlas ti) and presentation (DHIS2, Power BI, GIS)
• Ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Curiosity; a desire to dig deep and understand why
• Strong communication skills and ability to ask questions
• Desire to build capacity and improve data quality
• Excellent organizational skills: ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines
• Flexible work attitude, proactive and ability to work in a diverse team environment
• Familiarity with data management systems an advantage
• Ability to independently and proactively with minimum day-to-day oversight
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution
• Standard office environment
• Occasional travel to WISH countries
• Country Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinators
• Regional Measurement Action Coordinator
• IRC Global M&E team
• Regional WISH team
• IPPF Data Managers
• Third Party Monitor organisations as need be
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Data Analyst_WISH2ACTION Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.