IRC Case Worker Jobs in Kenya
IRC Case Worker Jobs in KenyaJob Purpose/Objective The Livelihood Resource Centre (LRC) Caseworker is responsible for meeting with all the clients visiting the center, assessing their needs, and providing them with direct services, advice, or linkages protection services if need be.
The LRC Caseworkers act as professional and educational/business counselors and social workers, to make sure the needs of clients are met.
Key Responsibilities .
• Meet with all clients referred to Livelihoods resource Centre for needs assessment.
• With support from other BILLY staff members, register the clients through CommCare application
• Provide clients with direct services, advice or linkages/referral to protection services Identify needs of women and children and refer clients to agencies within IRC network that provide specific protection and gender - based response services
• With the support of Livelihoods Officers, direct and mentor clients to livelihoods services
• Work closely with Business and apprenticeship officer to rollout Learn to earn curriculum to Business clients
• With support from Livelihoods senior officer and Business training and apprenticeship officer carry out job counselling.
• Ensure all documentations on reported clients and referrals made are updated, accurate, organized and well maintained.
• With support from Client responsive senior officer, support in organizing and attending client feedback fora and document.
• Participate in community outreaches/awareness creation as organized by the protection team.
• Act as a professional and educational counselors and social workers to make sure the needs of clients are attended to
• Undertake any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Monitoring and reporting
• Plans and conduct follow up visit to clients ensuring they are accessing quality services at Vocational training Institutions, Apprenticeship partners and business premises.
• Make follow up to client with protection issues referred to other partners for services.
• Prepare and submit reports as required and incorporate client's feedback in a timely manner, including information related to services received.
Key Result Areas:
• Ensure timely client needs assessment and services are provided as per BILLY project requirements.
• Facilitate timely linkage/referrals to protection services as needed.
• Offer Business counseling services
• Provide career guidance and labor market information to clients.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
• Degree in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counseling/psychology/ community Development or any other related field preferred.
Required Experience & Proficiency
• Counseling and experience/ working with reputable organization or local organizations/groups, in provision of counseling and psycho-social, Livelihoods/ economic and social empowerment support to clients both urban Refugees and Vulnerable Kenyans Youth especially women and girls.
• Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to build trust, support, respect and interact with clients of all background and diversity.
• 2-3 years' experience working with Youth especially Refugees in direct service provision in the areas of Livelihoods and/ Protection.
• Good facilitation skills
• Clear understanding, including demonstrated positive attitudes on Refugees Rights.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is important.
• Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitates and motivates other BILLY staff and local partners in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize, work under pressure, work for longer hours when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks with adherence to detail.
• Excellent teammate
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Case Worker Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.