IRC Africa Regional HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
IRC Africa Regional HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
Key responsibilitiesEA HR Coordination
• Provide project management, HR analysis and generalist HR support for a diverse region including organizational design input, policy design and team integration activities
• Devise HR interventions with a DEI and staff care lens to address critical HR issues in areas including orientation and on-boarding, training and development, employee relations, recruitment and staff care
• Instill a “one IRC team” approach across different countries / borders to ensure HR learnings and best practices are shared on a consistent and regular basis through regular meetings and trainings
• Coordinate regional or HQ-led HR activities across the multiple operational hubs
• Consolidate and provide analysis and recommendations on monthly and quarterly Strategic HR Metrics in collaboration with the HR Shared Services Comp & Ben and Analytics Manager
• Collaboratively design learning and development strategies, programs and tactical projects to address specific needs derived from evidence-based assessments
• Foster remote management excellence through modeling of and training on best and innovative practices
• Regularly travels to country programs to provide in-person HR leadership, support and/or technical trainingsRegional/International HR Generalist Support
• Serve as the “front-line” HR generalist to provide technical HR advice in response to regional staff policy inquiries, requests, basic employee relations issues and exit management
• Provide HR orientation for new regional employees and support supervisors in creation of robust on-boarding plans
• Support the in-country HR teams in the design and delivery of effective orientation plans to all new incoming International Staff
• Design quarterly regional learning and development plans
• Create, manage and update regional team organization charts, reports and files
• Deliver IRC Way compliance and code of conduct training to all regional staff
3. HR Project and Program Management
• Under the guidance of Regional HR Director, liaise with global focal points in Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Gender Equality, DEI, Duty of Care, Employee Relations etc. to devise and deliver initiatives in line with IRC’s Strategy100
• When needed, actively participate in the planning, delivery and implementation of global HR initiatives including HRIS, policies and procedures, monthly and quarterly metrics, compensation and benefits and other pilots and programs across the region
• Provide day to day support to HR Leads and practitioners with tools, templates, resources and information
• Co-ordinate and advance best practices for annual and mid-year performance management across the region
• Coordinate IRC’s Talent Management initiatives and programs, utilizing metrics for continuous improvement
• Participate in employee engagement action planning and interventions with the aim of improving morale, team cohesion, learning and development and other prioritized areas
• Review, analyze and approve country program international job position requests including compensation and organizational review; Provide recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Provide ad-hoc surge HR support during emergency and new grant implementation phases when it comes to areas such as recruitment, orientation, etc.
• Review and co-design regional and country program
• Contribute to design and facilitation of regional HR Conferences and Capacity-Building workshops
• Attend to other requests and projects as assigned by the Regional HR DirectorKey Working Relationships: Position Reports directly to: EA Regional Human Resources Director
Key Internal Relationships:
• Country program Team: HR Directors, HR practitioners, Country Directors. Senior Management Teams, Deputy Directors, etc.
• All Regional staff especially RVP , Regional Staff Care Senior Specialist and other Functional Regional Directors and Technical Advisors
• HQ HR Team
• Other Regional HR Directors and teams: close collaboration with other Regional HR teams on various areas such as Global Recruitment, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Staff Care, etc.
Key External Relationships: INGO counterparts; IRC legal counsel; HR associations and networks
• Proven acumen as an HR generalist including 6 – 8 years of experience in the areas of training and development, HR administration, compensation, policies and procedures, employee relations, organizational design and workforce planning
• Successful implementation of HR activities at a global or regional level working with multiple stakeholders, across cultures and at a range of organizational levels, and/or comparable HR experience in medium to large country programs ($10 - $50M+, 200 employees+)
• Demonstrated success as an HR professional in emergency response, conflict zones and/or humanitarian aid sector strongly preferred.
• Undergraduate study in HR, Business, International Relations or related field is required. MBA is a plus.
• Strong track-record of training and capacity-building including provision of one-on-one coaching, designing and delivering training programs, measuring efficacy and implementing systematic improvements
• Observance of a professional HR philosophy focused on creating solutions to tough problems and balancing necessary compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to client service and support
• Comfortable delivering on strategic HR initiatives, tactical assignments, HR administration and project management – moving seamlessly from one to another on a daily basis
• Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative and resourceful work style.
• Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work within a highly matrixed and complex agency organizational structure and to adapt to shifting priorities
• Excellent project management and organizational skills including creation of detailed work plans and superior time management
• Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HRIS
• Ability to travel up to 20% within the region
• Outstanding interpersonal, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills in English
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Africa Regional HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!