IOM Senior Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) Jobs in Ethiopia
IOM Senior Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) Jobs in Ethiopia
Context:Under the direct and overall supervision of the Head of Special Liaison Office (SLO), and Chief of Mission (CoM) and in close coordination with the relevant Regional Thematic Specialists at the Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa and the
Department of Migration Management in Headquarters, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Migration Management Unit (MMU) and its programme in
Ethiopia, and all matters related directly or indirectly to the unit's resources including financial and human resources components, in close coordination, and with the support of the Resource Management Unit in the Country Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Provide strategic inputs to the CoM on migration management to assist in formulating overall Country Office strategy, policies, and approaches. Organize and prepare written outputs for the CoM and Senior Management such as briefing notes, talking points, position and background papers and provide input as requested.
Develop and implement IOM Ethiopia’s migration management strategy and programme and to ensure high quality of deliverables.
Guide IOM contributions to the development of migration management-related policy, undertaking technical reviews and analyses of issues and trends, providing technical advice to the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) and the UN Country Team (UNCT), and informing policy development processes.
Oversee joint programming, manage liaison with the GoE and UN Network on Migration Secretariat in Geneva, and provide migration related advisory services to the UNCT.
Establish and maintain liaison with senior governmental authorities, donors, UN agencies and other stakeholders to facilitate implementation of the migration management programme, mobilize resources, programme visibility, input into stakeholder programmes and institutional cooperation.
Manage and oversee the development and implementation of projects in the following thematic areas: immigration and border management; labour migration and human development; migrant protection and assistance; migration, environment, and climate change; and cross-border crises.
Supervise and direct Project Managers and other programme staff. This includes overseeing the recruitment of staff and external consultants to work under the various MMU Sub-Units and providing technical direction, strategic guidance, and supervision.
Ensure alignment of the migration management programme with key frameworks such as
IOM global and country strategies, the SDGs, MiGOF, the UN Sustainable Development Assistance Framework (UNSDAF), the Global Compact for Migration (GCM), and Ethiopia’s Growth and Transformation Plans.
Ensure that the project activities under MMU are implemented in line with established thematic standards and according to IOM and donor requirements by overseeing the technical, administrative, operational, financial, and quality control oversight over the migration management programme.
Oversee the implementation of IOM Ethiopia’s programmes which are part of multi-country and multi-partner projects/programmes and response plans.
Monitor and analyze migration governance trends, priorities, and policies to lead programme development and implementation, capacity building support and technical assistance on migration management.
Represent IOM as an expert resource person in migration management international and national fora. Represent IOM on the UN Joint Policy Advisory Team.
Undertake any duty travel and lead field visits for project/program assessment and implementation.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing migration management programmes, including migrant protection and assistance, and IBM in contexts requiring close liaison with senior government authorities
and major donors;
• Experience devising and delivering strategic/technical assistance and capacity building solutions in the field of migration management to institutions and key stakeholders;
• Experience managing UN coordination and/or joint programmes/activities on migration.
• Familiarity with UN/IOM financial, procurement and human resource management procedures.
• Working knowledge of the migration governance operational and policy context in the East and Horn of Africa region.
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, and diplomatic skills and the ability to lead and work inclusively with a diverse team.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in government, with civic leaders, businesspeople, and international donors.
• Proven writing and analytical skills.
• Advanced training and facilitation skills.
• Good knowledge of coordination mechanisms/structures under the UN Development Reform is an advantage.
• Excellent drafting/writing/reporting and analytical skills.
• Sound interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). For internal applicants, working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IOM Senior Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.