IOM Senior Operations and Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
IOM Senior Operations and Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM Somalia team is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in implementing the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM).
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Operations and Humanitarian Response, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the successful candidate will support DTM operations in terms of administrative, operational, and financial processing. Key objectives of the role include supporting administrative, financial, and logistical procedures to support the DTM Unit in the timely implementation of project activities. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support the Programme Manager on all aspects of field coordination, monitoring, reporting and the development of project budgets.
Closely liaise with HR Assistant in ensuring creation of procurement orders for new recruitments.
Assist in processing requests for payments. Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures according to established approval standards are obtained before payment is made. Regularly monitor and review budget lines to ensure that all active projects are utilizing the correct budget lines.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Closely monitor project progress; collect, compile, and share information from the field teams on a monthly basis including regular financial monitoring, analysis and reporting. Extract and review monthly finance reports of all DTM projects to monitor burn rates, ensuring accuracy of staff, office, and operations expenditures.
Regularly assist in the development and update the DTM staff projectization.
Provide financial inputs on project implementation, donor reports and on budgets. Consolidate and submit monthly, quarterly, midyear and annual donor reports, contribute inputs to project documents, visibilities as well to all internal and external audit.
Support logistical and administration aspects of organization of workshops, trainings, and other events.
Assist in administration of existing resources such as assets/inventory items, office facilities, motor vehicle fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
Liaise regularly with area coordinators and team leaders, to provide timely support to the field teams, as needed, on logistical and financial issues, including duty travel, travel authorizations, security clearance, accommodation, and expense claims.
Support operational staff in the development of administrative and procurement plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to administrative policies, systems, and procedures in compliance with IOM policies, standards, regulations, and processes.
Go on field missions, as needed, to provide technical assistance on reporting to the DTM teams in all areas covered by DTM activities.
Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the Programme Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s or equivalent or higher degree in Political, Social Science or Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
• High School Degree/Certificate with six years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional experience in financial administration.
• Experience working with international organizations and humanitarian/assessment operations, experience in IOM DTM an advantage.
experience and previous project implementation and management experience, including project monitoring and reporting an advantage.
• Experience with handling confidential data.
• Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance.
• Good, communication, reporting and negotiation skills.
• Excellent monitoring skill; Managerial Skill; Organizational Skill; Accuracy.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and delivers on set objectives and timelines in hardship situations.
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
Fluency in English both written and oral is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to:
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.