IOM Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer Jobs in Kenya
IOM Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer Jobs in Kenya
Context: IOM's Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports the following countries: Burundi,
Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for East and Horn of Africa, the direct supervision of the Regional Project Development Officer, and with the technical guidance and support of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) at Headquarters, the successful candidate will support the implementation of M&E aspects of IOM activities, programmes and projects in the region in line with the expectations of IOM's donors and Member States on M&E requirements. In particular he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Improve Result-Based Monitoring and Evaluation capacity by:
Design and deliver capacity building on M&E in the region including delivery of the IOM online M&E course and internal evaluators training and coaching, in coordination with OIG Evaluation & Monitoring unit, in order to promote adherence to IOM M&E standards, promote a result-based management culture and enhance overall M&E capacity across IOM projects and programmes.
Provide technical support in the design and implementation of regional and country projects, as requested, so to facilitate implementation and monitoring, with attention paid to results matrices, work plans and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
Strengthen, maintain, and mentor a network of M&E focal points and internal evaluators in the region as a Community of Practice that facilitates Country Office led M&E, information flow and knowledge exchange.
Support other M&E staff, consultants or interns attached to regional projects or with a Regional M&E function as may be applicable and in line with the RO’s organogram.
Improve performance by:
Ensure project monitoring at regional, country and project levels is in line with IOM’s Monitoring Policy and Guidelines, and tools such as PRIMA and PRISM to effectively contribute to timely delivery of project activities, results and appropriate budget expenditure.
Undertake monitoring and evaluation missions to projects and/or countries for purposes of M&E data validation, capacity building or to address specific M&E related matters.
Support the design and implementation of internal evaluations, of selected country, multi-country or multi-thematic projects implemented by IOM in East and Horn of Africa.
Undertake quality improvement processes through review of internal and external evaluation products throughout the evaluation process, that includes review of terms of reference, inception and evaluations reports submitted by internal and external evaluators.
Oversee the development and implementation of an M&E plan and framework for the regional strategy, and track progress towards achieving IOM Regional Strategy for East and Horn of Africa Objectives.
Track the implementation of priority regional and country level projects in liaison with resource management team and country offices’ M&E Officers/focal points with an aim to identify key bottlenecks and challenges affecting project implementation and work with project managers to develop corrective measures.
Track annual monitoring and evaluation plans, in coordination with relevant project managers and M&E focal points at country offices/regional level to ensure timely initiation of evaluation processes.
Improve organizational learning and knowledge management by:
Promote the use of evaluations and learning through evaluation briefs, tracking implementation of management responses to evaluations and undertake and disseminate regular meta-synthesis of evaluations in the region to identify common or recurring themes/findings to inform regional support and strategy and, Country Office programming.
(quarterly) analytical briefs on the region’s performance including project implementation at a country and thematic level, no -cost extensions, project endorsements, report submissions including suggested action for improvement.
Represent IOM at regional level M&E related Networks, Working Groups, meetings and conferences, in consultation with the Regional Director to promote IOM’s work and participate in UN M&E coordination in view of the new era of One UN, the SDGs, UN Network on Migration/GCM and other global/regional interagency initiatives and learn new trends, methodologies and best practices useful for strengthening M&E.
Establish and maintain a repository of M&E tools and database of M&E information for use by Country Offices and regional projects and colleagues.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Monitoring and/or Evaluation, Development Studies, International Development, Project Planning and Development, Development Economics, Development Statistics, Research, Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in M&E preferably in low and/or medium income country settings;
• Proven experience in the development, planning and implementation of programme/project M&E systems, M&E methods and approaches at multi-country or multi-project level (including quantitative, qualitative, and participatory approaches), information/data analysis and report writing;
• Extensive experience in conducting evaluations and managing evaluations including in the development of baseline assessments, with Governmental and non-governmental actors, international organizations, academia, consulting, or another;
• Experience in development and delivery of M&E trainings;
• Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, and development of mixed methods studies;
• Demonstrated experience in survey design, statistical analysis, and proven competency inability to use at least one statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, NVIVO, STATA, Epinfo etc);
• Experience working in the context of migration programming;
• Provable experience in report writing;
• Experience working in a non-government organization, non-profit organization or international organization is preferred;
• Experience training or mentoring others; and,• Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting.
• Advanced written and oral English communication skills;
• Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills;
• Good team player, dedicated, ability to keep track of work processes requirements and act based upon; and,
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 05 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.