IOM Regional Migration Health Nurse Jobs in Kenya
IOM Regional Migration Health Nurse Jobs in Kenya
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director (RD) East and Horn of Africa, direct supervision of the Deputy Regional HAP Coordinator (DRHAPC) Africa in coordination with Regional HAP Coordinator (RHAP) Africa and Global Nurse Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for substantively supporting Migration Health Division’s (MHD’s) nursing leadership structure and for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment programme in the region.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Establish and maintain an optimal workflow in all the migration health assessment nursing activities in Africa, in coordination with the Global Nurse Coordinator (GNC) and Deputy Regional HAP Coordinator (DRHAPC), to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
Treatment and referrals;
Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
Infection prevention and control;
Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
Other technical areas as may be required.
Promote the implementation of best practice standards as they relate to nursing activities within HAP operations by developing and instructing best practice guidelines, evidence-based clinical standards, and supporting the development and implementation of standard operating procedures as they relate to nursing practice.
Coordinate and facilitate nurse education programs, using a variety of learning techniques, including: a. Develop entry on duty and refresher training programmes and guidelines for nurses in the region; b. Organize in-house and external trainings and keep track of nurses’ engagement in trainings and continuous medical education.
Coordinate clear communication strategies for the sharing of clinical practice resources and information to support HAP operations.
Monitor clinical practice across HAP operations using standardized auditing tools and provide feedback on clinical and workflow performance, in respect of principle nursing procedures. Suggest corrective actions while analyzing and disseminating best practices.
Implement sound monitoring system of medical document flow and data entry; perform routine spot checks and apply quality assessment/quality control mechanisms to ensure errors are minimal in the relevant databases.
Ensure that pharmacy, stock, medical kits and emergency kits within the region and for medical escorts if applicable are being monitored, perform spot checks to ensure that they are well maintained.
Assess and recommend purchase of medical supplies; monitor inventory of medical supplies and verify that all Migration Health Assessment Clinics have clear SOP’s regarding medical supply procurement.
Prepare and finalize medical and administrative reports and program updates as necessary; report any inconsistencies or issues to the Regional Quality Management and Compliance Officer (RQMCO) and the Deputy Regional Health Assessment Programme Coordinator and propose remedial action.
Plan and organize mobile missions, in coordination with Head of Mobile Unit, and supervise the communication with the non-IOM panel physicians with regards to the follow up on the cooperation with non IOM Panel Physicians in PDMS procedures, surveillance, fitness for travel, the vaccination process and the service provider agreements with non IOM Panel Physicians and service providers.
Provide technical, operational and administrative support to the Deputy Regional HAP Coordinator (DRHAPC), GNC and RQMCO in the planning and delivery of the regional United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). This assistance includes ensuring the collation and consolidation of data, information and plans around the management and implementation of USRAP-related health assessment activities in the region, as well as the transformation of such into consolidated action plans.
Coordinate, and perform if needed, the medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination).
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to ensure follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, Embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
Prepare and finalize statistical
information and share with the RQMCO as per preset and agreed upon format.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience with at least two years in a management role; or
• University degree in the above field with seven years of relevant clinical experience with three years in a management role.
• Understanding of evidence-based clinical skills and demonstrated experience promoting nursing best practice, nurse educator etc.;
• Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
• Track record with exceptional skill in nurse leadership;
• Sound knowledge of USRAP programme implementation and familiarity with IOM’s administrative, financial, and business rules and practices;
• Computer literacy required: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of
Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian or Chinese is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.