IOM Project Officer (Community Policing ) Jobs in South Sudan
IOM Project Officer (Community Policing ) Jobs in South Sudan
Context: Under the overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Program
Coordinator (Migration Management Unit (MMU)), South Sudan in collaboration with the National Program Officer of MMU in JUBA, the successful candidate will provide specific technical and administrative assistance in the implementation of the anticipated project on “Building Resilience at Northern Borders in Responding to Human Security Risks (Transnational Crimes and Public Health)” funded by the People of Japan. It is a 12-month project that is expected to have an impact on improved community resilience and well-managed borders in responding to human security risks through strengthened individual and institutional capacities of border management, and mutually beneficial relationships between communities and law enforcement at the border between South Sudan and Sudan to lay foundations for sustainable development.
About Migration Management Unit: IOM, through its Migration Management Unit, provides technical assistance to the government of South Sudan on migration management guided by Comprehensive Migration Policy Proposal. A policy proposal that provides critical responses guided by global principles to achieve Sustainable Development Goal and to meet commitments set forth in the Global Compact on Migration. This policy proposal works within four pillars of migration governance, namely; Free Movement and Border Management, Facilitating Labor Migration, Addressing Forced Migration; and Promoting Migration and Development. IOM works closely with the government, humanitarian and development partners, and migrants to improve migration management. IOM offers policy guidance, supports institutional and individual capacity development and ensure migrants’ well-being and protection.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Based on instructions, undertake research and draft specific inputs for the development of strategic approaches to community engagement to support the overall community stabilization portfolio of IOM South Sudan.
Take part in community participation assessments which include desk reviews of online and offline sources, conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders, analyzing the collected data and drafting segments of assessment reports.
Assess, synthesize and contribute elements for the development of relevant thematic training modules, SOPs (i.e., community policing, community engagement, and other relevant topics).
Conduct specific training modules for beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Assist in drafting specific elements of project work plans in close coordination with key partners and track the timely and effective implementation of project activities.
Compile background information, draft supporting schedules, and coordinate the collection and verification of project documents and data to support the implementation of specific project components or phases, and document challenges or issues.
Assist in liaising with project partners and stakeholders, including relevant government authorities, and any other concerned agencies and working groups as required.
Maintain information management and other documentation systems to record and manage project data for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Undertake travel duties as necessary.
Attend meetings and conferences relevant to the project in South Sudan and abroad as authorized and in close coordination with the supervisor.
Arrange project related activities such as trips, visits, workshops and seminars in and outside South Sudan.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, with a strong.
Community Policing focus, Law, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with two years of
• Professional experience in community policing project coordination or project implementation in international donor funded projects an added advantage;
• Experience in drafting project documents and reports;
• Work experience in IOM, a UN agency, non-governmental organization, international organization or relevant government department is an added advantage;
• Experience in liaison and cooperation with governmental authorities and UN partners is required;
• Experience in engaging with and implementing community policing interventions.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English;
• Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
• Strong research capabilities.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French, Spanish and/or local language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 May 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.