IOM Programme Support Officer Jobs in Kenya
IOM Programme Support Officer Jobs in Kenya Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of Programme Support Unit Coordinator, in coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU) team and relevant programme managers, the successful candidate will assist in supporting and contributing to Programme Support Unit activities, in particular Project Development, communications, reporting and knowledge management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Carry out preliminary research on relevant assigned topics for the development and strengthening of project proposals and concept notes;
Assist in drafting concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities by compiling general background information from various sources and providing specific inputs upon instruction.
Review and carry out preliminary editing of donor reports from programme units and participate in the report finalization process with the Donor Report team at the Regional Office in Nairobi.
Assist in identifying potential and realistic funding opportunities by collecting donor information, documenting and tracking liaison activities with potential donors and attending relevant meetings as an observer.
Provide support to monitoring efforts for the Mission by applying data collection methods and maintaining adequate documentation and records of project activities, data and reports.
Compile and coordinate inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, government, partner agencies, and implementing partners.
Support the knowledge management of the Programme Support Unit (PSU) by maintaining and updating the PSU project matrix, and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
In close coordination with and guidance from the Communications Officer and RO/HQ communications team, draft specific components or elements of materials to contribute to communications/visibility related activities for the Mission.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Project development and reporting;
• Experience in writing and editing information materials and reports;
• Experience in operational activities both in humanitarian and development sector;
• Work experience in the region is an advantage.
• Project development, reporting, and coordination skills;
• Strong technical writing skills in English.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali,
French, and/or Spanish is an advantage.
With frequent travel to Somalia
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IOM Programme Support Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.