IOM Programme Support Officer Jobs in Kenya
IOM Programme Support Officer Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsEstablished in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity .
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM.
For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process. .
Core Functions / Responsibilities
• Carry out preliminary research on relevant assigned topics for the development and strengthening of project proposals and concept notes;
• Assist in drafting concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities by compiling general background information from various sources and providing specific inputs upon instruction.
• Review and carry out preliminary editing of donor reports from programme units and participate in the report finalization process with the Donor Report team at the Regional Office in Nairobi.
• Assist in identifying potential and realistic funding opportunities by collecting donor information, documenting and tracking liaison activities with potential donors and attending relevant meetings as an observer.
• Provide support to monitoring efforts for the Mission by applying data collection methods and maintaining adequate documentation and records of project activities, data and reports.
• Compile and coordinate inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, government, partner agencies, and implementing partners.
• Support the knowledge management of the Programme Support Unit (PSU) by maintaining and updating the PSU project matrix, and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
• In close coordination with and guidance from the Communications Officer and RO/HQ communications team, draft specific components or elements of materials to contribute to communications/visibility related activities for the Mission.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Skills and competences
• Project development, reporting, and coordination skills;
• Strong technical writing skills in English.
• IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
• For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali,
• French, and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Project development and reporting;
• Experience in writing and editing information materials and reports;
• Experience in operational activities both in humanitarian and development sector;
• Work experience in the region is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 April 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2020 79 Programme Support Officer (P1) (2 Positions)Somalia in Nairobi,Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.