IOM Programme Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
IOM Programme Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), and the direct supervision of the
Deputy Chief of Mission (DCOM), the successful candidate will be responsible for IOM Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) operations ensuring that IOM CCCM programmes are in line with the Global and Country level CCCM Cluster policies and strategies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Develop IOM country level CCCM strategic directions and integrate it into CCCM operations; including planning, developing and monitoring effective implementation CCCM programmes in close coordination with the DCOM.
Manage and monitor the allocation of human and financial resources of IOM's CCCM programmes, mobilize resources as needed in close coordination with the DCOM and the IOM Programmes Support Unit (PSU).
In close coordination with the Head of Operations, supervise the IOM CCCM Operational teams (Site Management, State Focal Points, Mobile Outreach teams, Communication and Community Engagements).
In close coordination with the Programmes Support Unit (PSU) and Resource Management Unit (RMU), monitor and evaluate all IOM CCCM projects and ensure proper financial and narrative reporting as required by donors.
Liaise with the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) unit for the implementation of the registration process, flow monitoring, and data collection and analysis in displacement sites when appropriate when appropriate.
Liaise with other operational IOM units such Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter and Non-Food Items (S/NFI), Health and Mental health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) to design and implement complex humanitarian emergency responses when appropriate.
Liaise with Transition Recovery Unit (TRU) and Migration Management (MMU) on the design and implementation of transition, recovery and development programming in line with the Humanitarian Development Peace Nexus when appropriate.
Represent IOM in the CCCM Cluster meetings and related interagency forums.
Work on the coordinated approach to durable solutions for returnees.
Ensure the mainstreaming of protection, gender, age and disability throughout the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of CCCM projects.
Undertake duty travel as required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of operational and in refugee, displacement and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation;
• Work experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), as well as experience in the region, is an asset.
• Experience in engagement within Humanitarian Coordination settings and/or Displacement Management.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Architecture, Mobile populations (Migrants, IDPs and Returnees), Resilience and transition approach;
• Familiarity with program financial or budgeting management and good level of computer literacy, including understanding of information management systems;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including relationship management, influencing skills,
• Strategic planning, research and analysis;
• Leading and communication, including diplomacy, public speaking;
• Collaborating and partnering, including ability to work with diverse range of actors, including agencies, INGOs and NGOs, and donors and civil society;
• Managing quality services including excellent computer skills, meeting targets under tight deadlines.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French, Spanish and/or local language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.