IOM Programme Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
IOM Programme Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Context: Over the last several years, Somalia has made slow but steady progress towards restoring peace and security. The Somali Government – at the federal and federal member state levels – is an increasingly viable partner to IOM and the broader international community. It remains nascent, however, and the Government still struggles to address the negative effects of conflict and natural disaster, which have resulted in more than two million displaced. Increasingly, opportunities are emerging to support durable solutions to displacement. IOM has been instrumental in its support of communities to drive, and government to increasingly lead on building progress towards durable solutions to displacement. With strong emphasis on localised capacities and community priorities, increasing partnerships are building momentum towards durable solutions.
In early 2021, IOM Somalia will serve as the lead agency for a new, three-year UN joint program, named Saameynta, and funded through the UN’s Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF). Other participating agencies include UNDP, UN HABITAT, and the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO). As lead agency, IOM will host a Consortium Management Unit to ensure maximum impact of Saameynta’s efforts, ensuring: efficient delivery of program activities, coordination with other durable solutions initiatives, liaison with and support to Saameynta Somali Government counterparts, and communicating results to the MPTF and contributing donors.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Mogadishu and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Recovery and Durable Solutions), the Programme Coordinator (Saameynta Joint Programme) will be responsible for ensuring the timely and effective management and implementation of the Saameynta program, leading and coordinating the consortium comprised of three operational agencies and with support from the Durable Solutions Unit within the RCO, with IOM as the lead agency.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage the overall implementation of the joint program in a timely manner and be responsible for its financial, administrative, and technical backstopping in line with IOM policies and practices as well as donor requirements.
Manage the primary relationship with the donors, liaising between joint program partners and donors to ensure clear expectations and quality delivery of programming.
In line with the governance model outlined in the Saameynta project document, facilitate and/or lead and/or support the necessary coordination structures for the joint program and facilitate or support the coordination platforms at the operational and strategic levels while ensuring inter-agency synergies and joint efforts.
Effectively manage cooperation between joint program partners and between partners and Government, to ensure effective collaboration; and be responsive to agency and Government partners’ requests for coordination support and needs.
Promote harmonized approaches and methodologies across all partners by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning.
Ensure effective engagement with other durable solutions programming in Somalia.
In partnership with implementing agencies and Government, develop project implementation modalities and methodologies.
Ensure the project progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection, analysis of indicators and activities and documented with appropriate and reliable sources of verification.
In coordination with the M&E and Reporting Officer, monitor and report on activities of the joint program agencies against the work plan, results framework, and budget.
Undertake regular visits to project areas and for consultation with Saameynta members, Government partners, donor representatives and other program stakeholders.
Manage donor trips and external monitoring; Represent Consortium with donors.
Manage communications to external partners related to IOM and the joint program activities including developing and overseeing the implementation of a communication strategy which highlights the program’s collective efforts.
Oversee and coordinate timely submission of reporting requirements to the MPTF as well as to contributing donors as per their requirements and ensure all Saameynta agencies comply with their reporting requirements to IOM. Ensure proper documentation of all program support documents for the projects (grants, beneficiary registration, land agreements, etc.) are recorded.
Represent Saameynta and its
interests with relevant government authorities and ensure collaborative cooperation with key government counterparts for effective implementation and towards achievement of durable solutions to displacement in Somalia.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, International Development, Emergency Management, Peace Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with at least seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in the field of displacement and durable solutions, preferably including experience incorporating;
• Demonstrable multi-stakeholder coordination experience;
• Experience in operational activities in a complex post-crisis setting;
• Experience in project design, implementation, and management;
• Experience liaising with specialized international agencies (UN agencies, international organizations, and international specialized NGOs);
• Prior experience working in the country or region is an advantage.
• Knowledge of the displacement and durable solutions subject matter in Somalia;
• Knowledge of UN aid architecture;
• Knowledge of UN, IOM, and broader international development community frameworks (MPTF, Somalia’s NDP, Social Development Pillar, etc.) in the field of displacement, durable solutions and community resilience.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali, Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 19 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.