IOM DTM Reporting Officer Jobs in Kenya
IOM DTM Reporting Officer Jobs in Kenya Under the overall supervision of the Head, Operations and Humanitarian Response, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing DTM external reports (dashboards, maps, etc.) as well as supporting the unit in the inception and enhancement of data collection exercises.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
In coordination with the Programme Manager (CCCM/DTM), lead the production – analysis, writing, editing- of timely and accurate DTM reports, factsheets and dashboards.
Develop different templates that can be used to visualize DTM data, including graphics and maps that can be easily understood by both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
Conduct literature/desk reviews and stay abreast of migration related data products covering the region, in order to validate and contextualize DTM’s findings.
Engage external and internal data users (bilaterally or through workshops) to improve the way DTM products are utilized.
Support the improvement of methodology and tools to be used by DTM Somalia, as well as the design of new data collection exercises when relevant.
Support capacity building of DTM teams and external partners on data collection and analysis.
Contribute to the development of project proposals, project updates and final reports to donors.
Perform such other duties as maybe assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, development, data management or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in conducting research, including reporting and presenting findings;
• Experience working in the region is an advantage.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing
• Excellent communication skills in written English
• Good understanding of migration and humanitarian frameworks
• Ability to use publishing/graphic design/GIS software is an advantage
Fluency in English (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IOM DTM Reporting Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.