IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Analyst Jobs in Kenya
IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Analyst Jobs in Kenya
Context: The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is a system to track and monitor displacement and population mobility. It is designed to capture, process and disseminate information to provide a better understanding of the movements and evolving needs of displaced populations, whether on site or en route regularly and systematically.
Conceptualized by IOM in Iraq, for the IDP assessments and monitoring exercises, the DTM has been continuously refined and enhanced through years of operational experience in countries in both conflict and natural disaster settings. DTM plays an essential role in providing primary data and information on displacement both in country and at the global level.
Under the overall coordination of the Regional Data Hub Coordinator in Nairobi, and the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator (DTM) at the Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi, and in coordination with DTM Coordinators for East and Horn of Africa region, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development of DTM data analysis and reporting requirements, with a specific regional focus supporting migration flow monitoring, and other DTM activities implemented in the Region, and in close coordination with IOM Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Perform quality control and analysis of DTM sub-regional data collected by DTM teams in the region through routine DTM activities and Flow Monitoring specifically, and ad hoc surveys and assessments and bring inconsistencies to the attention of the supervisor.
Provide inputs on how to improve data management and data analysis, including data mapping, processing, analysis, and dissemination in line with IOM data protection principles and DTM tools and standards.
Generate and produce in a timely manner required reports and RDH information products with specific focus on DTM data sources, including, but not limited to, analytical reports, migration data dashboards, and other relevant products.
Support capacity development of IOM staff in the area of DTM and provide technical recommendations in line with relevant IOM and DTM policies and methodologies and standards.
Contribute to project implementation and reporting in support of the Regional Data Hub, track progress and deadlines and follow up with relevant staff as required.
Research, analyze and draft sections of and format internal and external programme reports and documents. Proof-read documents, attend meetings, take meeting minutes, and provide administrative support as requested by the supervisor.
Support the Regional Data Hub to ensure the dissemination and adaption as necessary of information management tools that meet partners’ and other humanitarian actors’ needs.
Upon request and in coordination with the Regional DTM Coordinator, liaise with relevant authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, think tanks, government counterparts and other stakeholders on issues relevant to the DTM programme.
Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social or Political Sciences, Communications, Information Management, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree
in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in data collection, research, and report writing;
• Experience in statistical analysis (STATA, SPSS, etc.);
• Experience in the development and implementation of population databases a distinct advantage;
• Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community;
• Experience in project management and implementation;
• Strong computer background, including experience with relational databases;
• Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Q-GIS preferred;
• Strong analytical and writing skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and Arabic
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 November 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.