IOM Communications and Graphic Design Officer Jobs in Kenya
IOM Communications and Graphic Design Officer Jobs in Kenya
Context: In Somalia, IOM has been implementing a range of humanitarian and development projects in all regions of Somalia. With over 2.6 million internal displaced individuals, evolving mixed migration flows in and out of Somalia, increasing access and donor interest in Somalia, programmatic scope for IOM is growing rapidly. In this context, IOM Somalia is developing and implementing a multitude of projects and is expanding its portfolio - from humanitarian response, recovery/durable solutions to migration governance and development.
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of Programme Support Unit Coordinator, in coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU) team and relevant programme managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with aspects of the development and dissemination of internal and external communications and the design of visibility materials for the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Draft Press Briefing Notes (PBNs), for approval and in close coordination with programme team and participate in the documentation of activities of each unit. Track and coordinate with HQ/RO for approval/dissemination, in close coordination with PSU team.
Draft specific content for communication platforms including the Mission website and social media outlets.
Work closely with field staff and PSU team to collect information for human interest stories and features from the field, photographs and video clips for an international audience.
In close coordination with PSU team, provide creative ideas and inputs to assist in the development of public information material and reports, such as donor updates, infographics and situation reports.
Produce graphic designs and artwork for various products such as info-graphics, reports, banners, certificates, name-tabs, postcards, dashboards, etc. following IOM style guidelines.
In close coordination with the PSU team, provide creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations.
Produce preliminary layout/ design templates for key visibility materials.
Suggest improvements and edits to art-work, photos, charts and other graphic elements.
Assist in carrying out custom photo and video editing (restoration, noise reduction, tonal adjustment).
Upon approval, update IOM Somalia’s website and content.
Contribute inputs to Regional Newsletters and other specific communications requests from RO/HQ.
Provide creative inputs to support the development of information campaigns for the Mission as needed, as well as for global campaigns in close collaboration with MCD.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Communications, Journalism or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with minimum of two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in media, campaign, advocacy or communication activities;
• Experience in writing and editing information materials and reports;
• Experience in operational activities both in humanitarian and development sector;
• Experience in graphic design, web, social media and photo
and video production;
• Demonstrated experience in professional photography and video production, including video and photo editing (Premier Pro and Lightroom);
• Experience in the usage of information technology in Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• Work experience in the region is an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, articulate correspondence and communicate well (written and oral) in English;
• Digital literacy and demonstrated knowledge of information technology in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is required.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 27 July 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.