IOM Communication Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
IOM Communication Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
Context: Since 1995, IOM has been working in partnership with the Government of Ethiopia, the UN Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the African Union (AU).
To enhance the African Union Commission’s (AUC) capacity to conduct its work, the IOM has entered into an agreement with the AUC to provide the regional organization with professional staff to help fulfil its mandate.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Special Liaison Office and Chief of Mission of IOM Ethiopia/Representative to the African Union and United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), and the direct supervision of the Liaison Officer - AU, IGAD and UNECA, the successful candidate will provide assistance and support with aspects of the implementation of internal and external communication and media related activities for the AUC’s Department of Social Affairs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Based on specific instructions, draft specific segments of reports and public information.
Collect, compile and provide identified information to the Commissioner, Director, Programme Managers and staff on public information, media and communication matters of interest.
Provide logistical and administrative support for the implementation of outreach activities.
Draft specific inputs for information campaigns for a variety of target groups. Prepare cost estimates and timelines for each element.
Use innovative communications tools developed by IOM that engage communities and enhance communications outputs.
Draft specific posts, updates and information material for social media communication tools (including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, AUC website).
Work closely with Media and Communications Division colleagues at IOM Headquarters for the cross promotion of relevant AUC-IOM joint activities of global interest.
Compile news stories and features on the AUC’s social affairs work.
Draft portions of press notes, human interest stories and other programme-related communications materials for approval and subsequent dissemination through IOM’s media channels.
Prepare preliminary updates of the information pertaining to the Department of Social Affairs on the AUC website.
Provide support to the Programme Managers and staff with regular reporting and infographics by drafting inputs and collecting pertinent information.
other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master's degree in Journalism, Mass Media Communications or Public Information or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in communication and advocacy strategies/programmes, international journalism, including coverage of international organizations, especially in Africa; and,
• Experience collaborating and managing partnerships with media organizations in countries and Regional communities and international partners as well.
• Excellent skills in drafting, editing and graphic design
• Excellent writing/reporting and analytical skills;
• Skills in managing website;
• Online communication and social media skills;
• High level of professionalism and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines in a complex and fast changing environment;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural and diplomatic skills and the ability to collaborate and work inclusively with a diverse team;
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in government, civic leaders, representatives of private sector and international donors; and,
• Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information and job application details, see; IOM Communication Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.