IntraHealth International Clerk of Works Jobs in Uganda
IntraHealth International Clerk of Works Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsIntraHealth International (www.intrahealth.org) is currently seeking to recruit six (6) candidates for USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Eastern Uganda (RHITES-E) that supports the Government of Uganda (GOU) and key stakeholders to increase availability and utilization of high quality health services in 25 districts in Eastern Uganda and 5 in Karamoja.
This is done by strengthening health systems and improving the quality of, access to, and demand for health services with attention to equity and underserved populations. To apply, submit cover letter, CV, USAID 1420 form and 3 references.
RHITES-E plans to support the districts mentioned below to improve health facility infrastructure with key focus on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, including: Antenatal care units, Maternity, Operating theatres, Latrines and Waste management facilities.
RHITES-E has mobilized funds to undertake minor renovation works at selected sites in the selected districts.
The minor renovation works for infrastructure improvement at each selected facility shall essentially comprise but not limited to the following:
Construction of a lined VIP latrine for Maternity Ward.
Construction of a Placenta Pit.
Construction of a Medical Waste Pit.
Renovations works to selected existing latrines, placenta pits and medical waste pits.
Miscellaneous selected spot items (i.e. quick fixes such as replacement of broken glasses, masonry works associated with painting works, plumbing works, replacement of broken taps, replacement of rotten rainwater gutters, leaking roofs, etc.)
Summary Of Role
The clerk of works will work under the technical supervision of RHITES-E’s Renovations Engineer and Cluster Technical Managers to support the execution of minor renovation works at the selected sites in the districts and must at least have a Diploma in Architectural, Quantity Surveying, or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant engagement.
Deadline for application is June 18, 2020 at 17:30 hours. .
• Support the Renovations Engineer in following up with Health facility to ensure the site is readied for renovation works – meaning all movable items are to be removed and handed over to the health facility in-charge; and that the site handed over to the contracted firm;
• Support the Renovations Engineer in the issuance of approvals/certification at critical identified intervals (including setting out, floor levels, steel fixing, concrete casting, drainage slopes)
• Daily/periodical monitoring of workmanship, materials, and work methods for the works to ensure adherence to building codes, standards, drawings, specification and health & safety regulations in liaison with the Renovations Engineer and the District Engineer;
• Supervising the contractor to ensure that Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP) requirements are complied with. Monitor the contractor’s compliance with “Standard Operating Procedures for Building Construction Sites during COVID-19 Pandemic”
• Daily/periodical supervision to ensure works run smoothly
• Represent the Renovations Engineer while providing the contractor with the technical back up to assist in resolving queries arising on site, identify and suggest solutions to problems to ensure that work proceeds in an effective manner
• Support the Contractors in interpretation of Designs, Drawings and Technical Specifications ensuring that any discrepancies/modifications in the scope of work are dealt with in good time.
• Attend site meetings, prepare reports for joint site meetings.
• Maintain a diary to record the progress of construction, delays, weather conditions, site visitors, and other significant facts, and submit bi-weekly reports.
• Support the Renovations Engineer to review Payment Claims for the Contractors
• Support the Renovations Engineer to prepare the handover function
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Renovations Engineer.
• Write a report which should include photographic documentation of physical structures for the renovation works at each health facility before, during and after the process.
The report should also include memos of site visits, supervisory visits of Cluster Technical Managers/District Technical Officers (CTMs/DTOs), progress reports made during the entire supervision process, problems encountered, recommendations that would improve management of this activity if a similar exercise were to be taken up in the future.
• Adequate and complete supervision and monitoring of all the site work.
• Site competently and completely renovated according to the renovation contract with the construction firm.
• Bi-weekly progress reports to the Renovations Engineer.
• Supervision Report at Practical/Substantial Completion of the Works
• Invoice required for payment
• The Clerk of Works should hold a minimum of a Diploma in Architectural, Quantity Surveying, or Civil Engineering. A degree in same field is an added advantage.
• Should have at least 5 years’ experience in building construction work.
• Specific experience in the design and supervision of building construction work as well as health infrastructure construction will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience working with major donors, USAID and/or PEPFAR funded programs is an added advantage
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
• Physical supervision of construction sites
• Health facility based
• Field based assignment
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IntraHealth International Clerk of Works Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.