INTERPOL Criminal Intelligence Officers Jobs in Kenya
INTERPOL Criminal Intelligence Officers Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsINTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 192 member countries.
Our role is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place.
Introduction of the Post
The overall objective is to assist the Port Security Senior Project Manager in the implementation of the different aspects of the programme.
• Act as a point of contact for member countries requiring assistance or advice on the specific area of activity , especially regarding on-going investigations;
• Contribute to the organization and participate in training activities, exchange visits, expert group meetings and conferences linked to maritime security in Eastern and Southern Africa;
• Monitor, under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the quality of service provided to beneficiary countries;
• Identify improvements to the implementation of the program and conduct needs assessments in order to identify the specific needs in terms of training and equipment of the beneficiary countries;
• Contribute to drafting of progress and analytical reports;
• Represent the Senior Project Manager in internal and external meetings and Fora when requested;
• Maintain regular contact, under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, with the various beneficiaries and stakeholders under the programme;
• Pursue strategic partnerships with appropriate third organizations and institutions;
• Contribute to the identification of major trends as regards to maritime related crime in the Eastern and Southern African region;
• Suggest remedies and best practice solutions to problems limiting the effectiveness of Law Enforcement Agencies;
In addition to the requirements, the following Assets and Special Aptitudes would be beneficial
• An experience of seven years or more in a law enforcement organization, or experience in an organization dealing with MARITIME crime-related issues, intelligence or contemporary international security threats would be highly desirable.
• Knowledge of crime scene management would be considered as an asset;
• Background in maritime investigations would be considered as an asset; to include security compliance, security training, program development, physical security, force protection, risk assessments, security operations/projects, and risk mitigation strategies;
• Experience in resource administration/logistics would be considered as an asset;
• Strong communication skills in French would be an additional asset.
• Working knowledge in another official language (Spanish or Arabic) would be an additional asset.
Please only include professional experience for which you can provide official proof of employment (i.e. pay-slip indicating your functional title, work certificates, etc.).
You could be asked to provide copies of such documents prior to interviews/tests.
Any discrepancies found between the info
rmation stated in any of your application documents and the evidence of employment provided, will be considered misrepresentation and may lead to your disqualification from this selection procedure.
This is especially important for your current and previous functional titles (they need to be exactly the same as the one in your contractual agreement), exact dates of employment, description of responsibilities and achievements, reason(s) for leaving and part-time work.
All candidates will be assessed on the under mentioned requirements.
Three-to-four years’ education at a University or other specialized higher education establishment.
A minimum of three years’ of experience in a law enforcement organization, or experience in an organization dealing with MARITIME crime-related issues, intelligence or contemporary international security threats.
Ten years’ progressive experience as a Law Enforcement Officer will be considered in lieu of academic diploma;
Knowledge and understanding of broader police training needs;
Background in conducting criminal investigations;
Experience working in an international environment would be highly desirable; either from employment in an international organization or from participating in e.g. international working groups, joint international Projects, etc.
Excellent command of English (written and oral) as working language.
Sound organizational/administrative skills;
Proficiency with Office software, computers and Internet
think/plan operationally and strategically
transform initiatives into new working practices
prepare written documents, including reports and visual presentations that meet professional standards o give presentations
work well under pressure (meet multiple and sudden deadlines)
willingness to work overtime when the situation dictates
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; INTERPOL Criminal Intelligence Officers Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.