International Rescue Committee Clinical Officer - Pediatrics Jobs in Kenya
International Rescue Committee Clinical Officer - Pediatrics Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsWorking under the guidance and supervision of the MO In-charge, the Clinical Officer - Pediatrics is directly responsible for the overall management of the clinic assigned. .
• Overall team leader of the pediatric department and provide direction to the rest of the team in the pediatric department.
• In coordination with the Medical Officer in Charge of the Hospital and involvement of nursing officer in charge of the department, develop objectives of the department and yearly work-plan.
• Ensure pediatric patients are attended to on time with proper and prudent management in line with latest guideline on integrated management of childhood illnesses.
• Ensure management of children with acute malnutrition in line with latest integrated management of acute malnutrition guidelines
• Ensure high quality of patient care by conducting regular quality of care assessments in the pediatric department and implementing recommendations thereof
• Report notifiable diseases immediately to immediate supervisor and ensure isolation of highly communicable diseases with management based on most current guidelines/protocol.
• Participate in daily morning hospital meetings giving guidance on management of complicated pediatric conditions.
• Participate in the Hospital Call system.
• Arrange a rotation schedule with fellow clinicians to ensure good coverage in the pediatric department at all times.
• Prepare monthly work/activity plans for him/herself for review by the Medical Officer In charge.
• Ensure a participatory and inclusive atmosphere by fostering good relations with all stakeholders including the pediatric department stff and members of the refugee community.
• Ensure high quality programming at the pediatric department with mainstreaming of the principles of protection (safe programming), disaster risk reduction and environmental awareness activities.
• Participate in camp health surveys and campaigns e.g. Nutrition, Immunization as may be required.
Human Resource Management
• Monitoring and supervision of the medical staff; both national and refugee to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently in the department.
• Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and set objectives.
• Evaluation and appraisal of staff through the IRC Performance Management process as maybe required by the supervisor.
• Develop ongoing education programs for department-based staff of up to date protocols and guidelines.
• Help review personnel issues and concerns of medical staff in pediatric department and assist with determining and implementing solutions.
• Determine personnel needs for department level activities and in coordination with the Human Resource office take part in recruitment of incentive staff.
• Ensure and advice that emergency medical equipment needed in managing pediatric emergencies are available and in working condition at the facility.
• Monitor and ensure the proper usage of program supplies.
• Participate in annual program planning process and budget implementation. Recommend budget revisions to focus on priority areas in management of pediatric conditions.
Communication and Reporting
• Monitor closely morbidity and mortality trends together with all the other health indicators related to the pediatric age-group and advice accordingly.
• Convene/attend integrated departmental staff meetings.
• Ensure adequate flow of information for all supervisees with constant feedback as may be required.
• Carry out other relevant or requested duties as may be required.
Required Experience & Competencies
• At least two years work experience as a pediatric clinical officer in a busy hospital/clinic set up.
• Experience working with a non-profit humanitarian organization.
• Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
• Be a team player
• Flexibility at work
• Cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of Turkana or Somali languages will be an added advantage.
• Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
• Higher Diploma in Paeditratic medicine from KMTC or any other renowed institution.
• Be registered and have a valid license from the Clinical Officers' Council.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Rescue Committee Clinical Officer - Pediatrics Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.