International Organization Jobs Vacancies in South Africa
International Organization for Migration Regional Project Manager Jobs in South AfricaCore Functions / Responsibilities:Overall responsibility for the project management across all targeted countries including administrative, operational and financial management responsibility.
Plan, develop and supervise the implementation of all activities of the project across targeted countries from RO Southern Africa and ensure high level quality deliverables of all activities in line with IOM standards.
Develop the project general guidelines and work plans in coordination with key partners and ensure timely and effective implementation of activities. Identify problems and take actions to overcome challenges and expedite delivery.
Develop and maintain strong liaison with project partners and stakeholders, relevant government authorities, EU Delegations in targeted countries and any other concerned agencies and working groups.
Ensure proper coordination in the Region with other projects funded within the framework of the European Union Funds in terms of assisted voluntary return and reintegration approach, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, data collection and information elaboration.
Monitor and assess project progress and activities, and take corrective or alternative action for programme improvement and success.
Supervise and direct all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities and with the European Delegation, other implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders in the project’s target countries to coordinate and promote new activities, facilitate the implementation of ongoing activities, and to raise funds for new projects.
Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the EU Delegations in targeted countries and other stakeholders.
Identify new project possibilities in the country on AVRR, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• At least 5 years professional experience in project management, including managing Migrant Assistance and Return/Reintegration project with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization
• Experience implementing similar projects in the in Sub-Saharan countries is preferred;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Organization for Migration Regional Project Manager Jobs in South Africa
Closing date: 10 May 2017
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in South Africa.