International Livestock Research Institute Cost Accountant Jobs in Kenya
International Livestock Research Institute Cost Accountant Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock.
ILRI is a CGIAR research centre - part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Cost Accountant to conduct cost-benefit analyses, forecast future financial requirements and analyse full costing and full cost recovery across the Institute.
• Liaise with different units for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports (institutional).
• Facilitate consolidation of internal reports and share sufficiently detailed accounts and analysis for senior management review and decision making.
• Prepare and analyse monthly support units reports and share with budget holders.
• Share status updates and other ad hoc reports depicting different performance areas - as and when required.
• Continuously review reporting processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Accurate costing and pooling of identical services together, identifying cost drivers and ensuring full charge/recovery by users.
• Ensure staff global costs are frequently updated with new employees, salary revisions and changes in benefits/allowances.
• Assess different costing approaches for suitability to the Institute’s business model and to ensure each unit/project pays its fair share of costs.
• Review incomes for selected units to ensure no recoveries are missed and liaising with unit heads to identify alternative recovery mechanisms.
• Conduct cost-benefit analysis for different investment proposals and advise on suitability.
• Review all the existing cost pools and ensure they’re accurately costed. Identify/ review cost drivers and ensure monthly efficient recovery from all users of services.
• Frequently update budget templates with new recharge prices including staff global costs.
• Maintain an updated Product Listing for all Institute services, their cost basis, current prices, users and the unit providing the services.
• Continually monitor recoveries in all units and highlight all units that are not meeting expected targets. Provide assistance where needed.
• Actively support implementation of the ERP in the area of responsibility.
• Reviewing past performance records, understanding the present and analysing trends to come up with projections for the future.
• Developing different financial health indicators and doing comparisons/benchmarking with similar organizations.
• Manage data records and relevant databases in physical and soft copy forms;
• Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit;
• Build capacity within the department on all aspects of this job to ensure continuity;
• Help other unit members to learn and excel in their work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Full accounting qualifications - CPA (K) or ACCA.
• 6 years progressive practice in Accounting with experience in reporting and costing.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting software required.
• Good computer and financial analysis skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Livestock Research Institute Cost Accountant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.