International Livestock Research Institute Animal Health Research Assistant Jobs in Uganda
International Livestock Research Institute Animal Health Research Assistant Jobs in Uganda Based in Kampala, Uganda, and under the supervision of the antimicrobial resistance (AMR) component lead, the Animal Health Research Assistant will support research on antimicrobial resistance in the context of the ‘BuildUganda: Boosting Uganda’s Investments in Livestock Development’ Program, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Program Reporting and Administration
Assist with planning and organizing field data collection and laboratory activities, in collaboration with academics and students
Assist with farm visits for data collection on antimicrobial use and towards understanding of AMR risks in poultry production
Contribute to training activities towards rational antimicrobial use
Support with maintaining the project database for lab data collection (project biorepository), under the guidance of the project research technician
Provide inputs for monthly summary reports on activities for dissemination to all project members
Contribute to literature review, data analysis and writing of scientific outputs
Participate actively in annual project meetings, some of which will be held internationally
Qualifications and Competencies
Essential Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in a biomedical subject (e.g. veterinary medicine, infectious diseases, microbiology)
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in an international working environment
• Experience with conducting field and laboratory-based disease surveillance activities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an engaging personality
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with interdisciplinary teams of scientists and partner organizations
• Ability to communicate with different stakeholders from inside and outside Uganda
• Understanding of the AMR landscape in Uganda
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Willingness to travel locally, regionally and internationally
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
• Master’s degree in a relevant subject
• Experience working in an international organization and/or in applied agricultural research
• Experience with data entry in electronic databases
• Experience of working with international epidemiology and public health researchers
• Experience of working in the poultry sector and/or on antimicrobial resistance
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Livestock Research Institute Animal Health Research Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.