International Lifeline Fund Senior Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Uganda
International Lifeline Fund Senior Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in UgandaJob Details International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is a non-profit organization that began working in refugee and displacement camps, emergency settings, and emerging markets in 2003 to enable sustainable access to fuel-efficient cooking technologies and reliable safe water.
Lifeline operates under the conviction that many of the core problems underpinning global poverty – such as lack of access to efficient cooking technologies and clean water – can be addressed through market forces that sustain community-driven economic growth and livelihood benefits.
With all our initiatives, Lifeline’s approach engages community stakeholders in the design, ownership, and long-term profit of these natural resource enterprises. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
In close collaboration with the Country Director and Director of Finance at the Global Office, the Senior Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for International Lifeline Fund’s (Lifeline’s) day-to-day financial tracking of the country office including but not limited to reporting, forecasting, detailed analysis and budget management.
• Day to day management of Lifeline’s Finance Department in accordance with existing financial procedures.
• Ensure that the appropriate approvals and signatures are present on the appropriate documentation before any payment is issued.
• Strictly follow the finance management procedures’ cycle and report any observed anomalies to the CD and DOF immediately.
• Constantly review banking arrangements and ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges.
• Supervise entries of receivables and expenditures into cashbooks using QuickBooks.
• Use and verify Lifeline (or any other codes assigned for projects) budget codes on hard and soft copies, in the books of original entries and in QuickBooks.
• Monthly management of the bank accounts -- Maintain accurate and up to date. records in QuickBooks of all bank transactions, including those made from Kampala.
• Organize requisitions, receipts, invoices and any other payment proof made by checks in the monthly accountancy folders and separate them per donor.
• Monthly management and reconciliation of all accounts and bank statements in QuickBooks.
• Generate timely accurate donor reports as required.
• Ensure compliance with all banking, financial registration and auditing protocols within Uganda and/or as required by partners’ agreements and procedures.
• Budget management and reporting -- Create regular budget versus actual reports for program staff in collaboration with Program Managers and Country Director (especially important for donor budgets).
• Provide a consolidated monthly finance report to the CD and Director of Finance on budget spending, including monthly budget follow-ups.
• Build capacity with existing finance staff and train new staff members on financial matters.
• Strategically plan and manage Lifeline’s Logistics Department in accordance with existing procedures.
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycles
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers
• Supervise inventory tracking and efficiencies
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Make sure that currency rate set by HQ is used comprehensively.
• Brief new staff members on finance matters.
Separation Of Social Enterprise Entity
• Work closely with Senior Management to successfully separate social enterprise section
• Review and certify documentation is in place
Other Duties Required
• Stay abreast of any deadlines connected to Human Resources and Administration or Programs.
• Establish and maintain a well-organized files/record keeping system (separate accountability documents per project) making sure all files are in order and prepared for both internal and external audits.
• Ensure original documents are available for color pdf copy if needed by HQ, donor or auditors.
• Keep status of statutory deductions up to date and maintain a separate file for monthly NSSF payments and URA payments.
• Train/advise Program Managers/Senior Officers about project financial management.
• Draft documents as requested by the Program Managers or CD.
• Participate in team meetings as needed.
• Be service minded while dealing with colleagues and always keep a professional and friendly attitude while dealing with colleagues.
• Be attentive to others’ suggestions; manage, evaluate and report daily activities to the CD and ensure information flow.
• Report immediately to CD any financial procedure breach.
• · Review and revise all financial procedures together with the CD and the Finance Department at Head Quarters. This may include revising/correcting older QuickBooks files.
• Continuously recommend improved financial procedures for ILF.
Qualifications and Skills
• The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance or business administration and additional ACCA / CPA qualifications.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in financial management for large and complex projects in medium and large institutions (both NGO and private sectors).
• Ability and flexibility to handle high levels of pressure to meet very strict deadlines and critical decision making.
• High integrity, unquestionable character and openness coupled with commitment to good governance.
• Conversant with computer-based finance management software skills and experience preferably with QuickBooks.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should mail CV and references to
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.