International Justice Mission Senior Manager - Justice System Interventions - Kenya Jobs
International Justice Mission Senior Manager - Justice System Interventions - Kenya Jobs IJM is seeking an individual who will lead office initiatives and strategies aimed at increasing successful prosecutions of human rights violations through strategic litigations and collobaratively working with Criminal Justice System (CJS) agencies to push systememic changes in Kenya’s criminal justice system.
The Senior Manager, JSI will work alongside government agencies in identifying the gaps in capacity and develop intervention to address those gaps
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Build strategic relationships within and outside the organization aligned to the set goals;
Strategically lead justice intervention teams track and document casework trends, lessons and experiences to inform justice system transformation interventions;
Lead a strong team that embodies IJM’s spiritual rhythms and core values and efficiently and effectively delivers on their mandate;
Manage the casework-related interventions of the Legal and Investigations departments;
Recruit, mentor, lead and support the investigations and legal teams;
Develop and implement strategies to ensure sufficient case referrals to IJM;
Oversee the case referral and case intake systems to ensure that referrals are processed and decisions reached within agreed timescales;
Provide leadership and direction to the Justice Systems Interventions team to ensure that they meet JSI program goals in line with the Field Office Justice System Transformation (JST) vision as well as the IJM global 2030 vision;
Ensure compliance with IJM’s budgetary, ethics and professionalism standards , and IJM casework best practices.
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Project Management, Forensics, Social Work or other related discipline;
• Bachelor’s Degree in law with a valid practicing certificate;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in court room advocacy and at least 5 years successfully leading a team;
• Strong ability to achieve results through a multi- disciplinary team;
• A proven leader with strong emotional intelligence;
• Ability to present complex data and information in a clear and compelling manner to a wide range of stakeholders.
Critical Competencies & Qualities
• Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills;
• Strong policy analysis and interpretation skills;
• Excellent oral and written advocacy skills and high-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Decisive and strong attention to details;
• Sustained positive attitude and calm under stress;
• Exceptionally high levels of honesty and integrity.
• Competitive salary, and benefits package.
• This is a permanent position based in the Kenya Field Office.
• Occasional travel (both national and international) will be required.
How to Apply
Send your Resume, Cover Letter and a statement of faith* in one document to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before 30th May 2020.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.