International Justice Mission Regional Vice President of Strategic Partnerships - Kenya Jobs
International Justice Mission Regional Vice President of Strategic Partnerships - Kenya Jobs IJM is seeking a passionate individual who will catalyze national governments, community groups, development institutions, corporations and the church, in partnership to rescue millions and protect half a billion from violence and make justice for those living in poverty unstoppable.
Reporting to the Regional President, the RVP will leverage IJM’s 20 years of frontline programmatic experience and successful program outcomes to secure strategic partnerships, increase IJM’s influence, expand IJM’s operations and mainstream IJM’s theory of change across Africa.
The RVP will promote and develop IJM’s influence and brand in Africa such that IJM becomes recognized as the leading agency and “go-to” partner on issues of violence, protection and justice.
The RVP will also support IJM’s advocacy work in Europe, acting as an expert on issues of slavery, violence against women and children, and police accountability.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy Development. Work closely with the RP and regional leadership team to develop and implement an overarching strategy for Africa and Europe which will gather the necessary resources, develop sufficient IJM brand influence and activate successful partnerships and programs required to make measurable progress towards achieving IJM’s 2030 vision.
Activation. Drive the development and coordinated implementation of a strategy in Africa and Europe to activate centers of institutional, corporate, church and local power so that they provide the resources, influence, and drive necessary for the transformation of national justice systems.
Business Development. Drive and secure innovative partnerships in Africa with key agents of change that create strategic value for partners in the region, normalize IJM’s theory of change, provide necessary resources and advance the program strategy of IJM.
Product Development. Based on IJM’s program learnings to date, drive the conceptualization, design, development and marketing of newly created or newly repackaged solutions to key justice-related challenges facing the commercial, development and church community in Africa.
Make the Data Undeniable. Collaborate with program leaders and technical experts to ensure IJM programs in the region generate the critical evidence necessary to influence regional and global leaders; and that programs share and promote the evidence widely.
Global Expert. Act as a global expert on the challenges of slavery, police abuse of power, and violence against women and children in Africa in key regional and global forums, providing a powerful articulation of IJM’s theory of change and proven model of protection.
Networking. Build effective relationships with key governmental, non-governmental, corporate and church actors throughout Africa.
Expansion. Identify and build coalitions between national government leaders, like-minded community organisations, development institutions and other resource providers which enable IJM and/or its partners to launch justice system transformation programs in new countries in Africa.
Global Survivor Network. Lead the regional implementation of the Global Survivor Network to elevate the voice and influence of survivors of violence in Africa, ensuring that their input is included in the development of programs designed to protect those living in poverty from violence.
Leadership Development. Build, equip and mentor a team of experts and leaders across Africa to drive strategic partnerships for IJM, increase the adoption of IJM’s theory of change, and support national governments in the work of justice system transformation.
Education & Experience
• Masters degree in law, organizational development or business;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience successfully leading multi-disciplinary teams to achieve aggressive objectives in challenging environments with excellent outcomes.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully leading programs to build capacity in public prosecution or other law enforcement agencies.
• Proven experience of successfully partnering cross-culturally with national governments to deliver justice system transformation.
• Extensive cross-cultural leadership experience gained from operating in senior leadership roles in several different countries.
• Deep understanding of criminal justice development and the context of criminal violence in Africa.
• Demonstrated success in growing influence, increasing awareness, projecting expert leadership and winning hearts and minds.
• Significant international experience required, with fluency in English and French preferred.
Critical Competencies and Qualities:
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed. Proven ability to serve as a spiritual leader and mentor preferred.
• Exceptional public speaker.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategic thinking and analysis.
• Facilitation and collaboration.
• Rigorously result-oriented.
• Relationship management.
• Conflict management.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Judgment and problem solving. Organization Information
• Competitive salary, and benefits package.
• This is a Regional placement for Africa & Europe based in the Kenya Field Office.
• Extensive travel locally and internationally will be required.
How to Apply
Send your Resume, Cover Letter and a statement of faith* in one document to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before 30th May 2020.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.