International Foundation for Electoral Systems Project Officer Jobs in Uganda
International Foundation for Electoral Systems Project Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international, non-profit organization founded in 1987.
Based in Arlington, VA - this organization helps develop and provides assistance and support for elections in new and emerging democracies.
The Project Officer will support the USAID funded Citizen’s Access to Political and Electoral Processes (CAPE) project in Uganda.
Under the direction and supervision of the Project Director/Voter Education Advisor, the Project Officer will provide technical and operation support to the IFES-Uganda field office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Remain informed and updated on all political and election related developments;
• Support implementation of activities based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant framework;
• Coordinate with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners, and participate in roundtables or other events per Program Advisor’s guidance;
• Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including quarterly performance reports;
• In conjunction with other IFES field staff, support and guide IFES’ partner CSOs in accomplishing their reporting requirements to IFES, and act as field liaison between CSOs and IFES
• Constantly monitor the work of IFES’ partner CSOs and provide technical support to ensure adherence with the strict implementation timelines and delivery of quality work;
• lead project logistics for organizing events as necessary in coordination with the Finance Manager and other staff as necessary. This includes logistical and operational support to training, workshops, roundtables, or conferences as applicable;
• Support the drafting of requests for proposals, scopes of work necessary for programmatic activities; participate in evaluations for purposes of selecting vendors and/or sub-awardees, as applicable;
• Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection;
• Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate;
• Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, communicate these items with the Project Director, and work to identify potential solutions;
• Closely monitor the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task, raise potential delays with the Project Director;
• Contribute to IFES’ technical documents, policy briefs and papers, as necessary;
• Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met;
• Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in English language, political science, international relations or related field required;
• Four years of experience working with international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs;
• The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
• Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
• Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
• Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
• Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
• Solid knowledge of the local context and political developments in Uganda;
• Experience working on USAID-funded programs; prior experience with democracy and governance programming is preferred;
• Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
• Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
• Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
• Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Foundation for Electoral Systems Project Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.