International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Regional Operations Manager Jobs in Kenya
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Regional Operations Manager Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian and development network, with millions of volunteers in 190 member National Societies.
We are guided by Strategy 2020 - our collective plan of action to tackle the major humanitarian and development challenges of the present decade.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Reg. Head of DCPRR unit, the Regional Operations Manager will assume lead role of IFRC’s COVID-19 operation across the sub-share for providing roust operational support to African NSs through IFRC’s CCST and country offices.
Key to the position will be providing support to African National Societies in the management of the ongoing emergency response, ensuing close coordination with Movement actors, coordinating actions amongst different Units within the IFRC at the regional- and sub-regional-levels, and contributing to building the capacities of ANS throughout the implementation of the response operation phase.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Initiate, plan and mobilise IFRC resources in support of assessment, planning, and implementation of the emergency response operations in Africa.
• Supervise IFRC technical leads to ensure they work closely with the managers of relevant departments in all related programming roles and responsibilities, providing advice and recommendations that carefully consider local capacity and context.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other emergency actors to enhance the implementation of the emergency plan of action. Support, the NS’ to enhance their position vis a vis the national and international coordination mechanism.
• Support IFRC technical leads to develop programme approaches which strengthen and develop the National Society’s structures, capacity and performance; analyze and understand their current strengths and weaknesses and to ensure provision of necessary technical and material support particularly in relation to the ongoing crisis.
• Promote and assist the integration of humanitarian priorities and interventions within all relevant programming divisions
• Ensure that the response is based on frameworks and approaches that are consistent with or have considered national and international standards and guidelines, as well as IFRC policies, procedures and tools.
• Assist the NS’, Movement and external partners in the achievement of planned outcomes and deliverables following quality standards, in a timely fashion, and within budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Language
• Effective team and project management skills
• Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
• Good mentoring and capacity development skills
• Ability to work well in a multicultural team
• Excellent stress management skills
• Demonstrated accountability
• University degree in relevant area
• Basic Delegates Training Course or IMPACT.
FACT, ERU, RDRT training or equivalent experience and technical competencies
• At least 8 years of disaster management experience, including managing staff
• Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management or public health emergency management projects and activities especially population movements
• Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
• Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
• Work experience with RC/RC
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Regional Operations Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.