International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - Business Support Officer II - Executive Assistant Jobs in Kenya
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - Business Support Officer II - Executive Assistant Jobs in Kenya icipe's mission is to help alleviate poverty, ensure food security and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics, by developing and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving the natural resource base through research and capacity building.
The position holder will provide executive secretarial and administrative services of a confidential nature to the Director General’s office; support the Director General in managing her daily schedule, e.g. agenda management, correspondence, making appointments, preparation of documentation for meetings, and liaising with other senior staff within the Centre. .
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Manage information flow of all critical communication and documentation to and from the Director General’s Office (including telephone, e-mails, faxes etc.) through a well maintained and operated system. Process correspondence for proper distribution, filing and follow up.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of addresses of all donors, collaborators, associates and contacts of icipe.
• Collate and analyze information on various issues upon request from the Director General.
• Make travel arrangements (flight reservations, hotel bookings and visa procurement for the Director General), maintain an up-to-date travel schedule and manage the Director General’s frequent flyer programme.
• Assist in planning of meetings involving the Director General and/or other senior staff.
• Take minutes of meetings of the Director General and other senior staff as required from time to time.
• Prepare a budget for and manage on a daily basis all office supplies in the Director General’s office.
• Prepare and monitor expenditure of the Director General’s office.
• Maintain filing systems for both electronic and hard copies of data/documents held in the office of the Director General.
• Manage the logistics of Governing Council meetings (travel and accommodation, visas and per diems).
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to guarantee optimal and efficient management of the Director General’s office.
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and work with a broad range of people.
• Bachelor’s degree and certification in a relevant course/area such as administration or project management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Five (5) years’ experience in providing support to top management in an international organization.
Other Desirable Attributes
• Good communication and writing skills.
• Effective organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, and organizational skills.
• Reporting This position reports to the Director General.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - Business Support Officer II - Executive Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.