Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation Project Manager Jobs in UgandaJob Details Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 in the Netherlands and implements programmes with partners in Central, Eastern and Southern Africa since the 1980s. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
ICCO Cooperation is seeking to hire a competent and qualified person in the position of Project Manager for the Connected Farmer project in West Nile, Uganda.
The Project Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the Connected Farmer Project team, brings specialist skills and knowledge relating to ICCO themes.
The Project Manager is overall responsible for project implementation, budget control, project planning, developing a follow-up phase, supporting operational activities, and establishing and enhancing relations with the local consortium partners as well as representative of donors and the Ugandan authorities within the specific project region, West Nile, in Uganda.
The project manager will ensure that the Connected Farmer Project is delivered effectively and efficiently in line with ICCO’s vision and mission and themes as well as the project description as approved by the donor. He/she will be responsible for a smooth project operation in line with ICCO MASP and regional/country strategies, policies, and procedures. This function contributes to the efforts of the program- finance and operational department of the ICCO Uganda Country Office; to the quality and consistency in relationships with donors and consortium members; to country office planning, managing funds and project implementation.
The Project Manager technically reports to the ICCO Uganda Country Manager. He/she liaises with the Finance and Administration unit (FOAM appointed for Uganda), Regional HR, and the regional and international specialists/advisors.
Duties and responsibilities of the Financial Administrator:
● Keep up to date with the Political Economic Social Technical situation of the project region as well as relevant developments affecting the project environment and incorporate these developments into effective project management and guidance.
● Prepare and develop follow up phases and progressive scaling of the project.
Implement with our consortium partners the subsequent project objectives:
● Validate and train farmers (including bulk upload of previously profiled farmers)
● Analyse performance of farmer organizations and prepare strengthening strategies, specifically on business records, payments management, and inventory management to improve operational efficiency
● Enable market linkage and traceability applications for the Farmer Organization’s agri-value chain management by integrating its farmers, input suppliers and off-taking enterprises
● Support Farmer Organizations to manage and support a Cohort of farmers to increase their crop yields and sales to off-takers.
● Link stock management and bundled access to inputs (seeds, fertilizers, extension advice and insurance) to other Input and logistic service providers via e-vouchers. Link credit services for farmers to redeem against their inputs at the Farmer Organizations and Cooperatives.
● Collaborate with donors and technical partners that support the project and see to it that there is a common understanding on project outputs/outcomes.
● Develop clear quarterly and annual work plans and budgets
● Check budget vs expenses vs output and impact and workplans continuously and approve payment within mandates
● Analyse the relation (check and balance) between narrative and project financial report
● inform the country manager immediately on cases of fraud and/or corruption or over - / under spending more than the norm, affecting the program results
● Ensure that project reports are delivered on time and are of good quality, according to ICCO standards
● Build Capacity of project team/partners where needed for improved quality outputs of programs.
● Keep good relations with donors and submit timely draft reports as required by ICCO and donors to the CM.
● Establish contact with representatives of consortium partners, UNCDF, INGOs and funding institutions based in the region; participate and represent ICCO in networks where relevant
● Represent ICCO at local government level: maintain and strengthen contacts with the relevant ministries and local authorities
● Assist the Communications department with information on project and campaign issues and visits of volunteers, press and benefactors etc.
● Assist in developing proposals at the request of the CM;
● Actively promote and brand ICCO initiatives wherever appropriate and possible;
● Capture results of the programs and program data in PROMEVA.
Project Office Operation
● Ensure that ICCO finance policies are being implemented
● Act as a signatory to the project office bank account
● Initiate payments related to the operational budget and ensure timely submission of quarterly/annual reports (signed off) and budgets
● To monitor in close collaboration with the Regional Office the annual budget spending in relation to the approved annual budget.
● Assist in audits of project finances.
● Ensure that the project works within the legal framework and abides by the rule and regulations of the country (including but not limited to tax and statutory deductions).
● Liaise with Regional HR and keep policies (manuals) up to date and in line with the country laws and regulations.
● Conduct Performance appraisals of staffs under his/her responsibility in line with ICCO’s policy.
● From own practice formulate advice for improvement of performance of the project team and organizational improvement (on quality management and knowledge management).
● Ensure staff and visitors safety and keep CM informed about safety and security as per the country safety manuals.
● Create a conducive working environment and keep staff up to date on the organizational developments
● Perform other duties as relevant for the country office (e.g. give input to policies, provide strategic advice on programmes, provide feedback on annual plans or reports, contribute to fundraising efforts etc.)
● Manage local project related security matters and advise on updating the security plans.
• Personal Integrity
• Creative and Innovative
• Open and outgoing
• People skills
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
• Ability to work independently under pressure and proactive work style
• Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO Cooperation: adhere to ICCO values and principles
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in development studies or related field.
• Extensive (5- 7 years) experience in project management with International NGOs and knowledge of private sector development in African context;
• Proven track record of effective project/program management
• Specialist skills and knowledge relating to organisation development and preferably digital services to the farming community
• Experience in working and coordinating with international and national partners, private sector, government and donor agencies.
• Excellent project planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
• High motivation, initiative and adaptability in a challenging working environment.
• Strong skills in managing a team with different cultural backgrounds, abilities and technical knowledge.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.