Institute of Human Resource Management Head of Operations Jobs in Kenya
Institute of Human Resource Management Head of Operations Jobs in Kenya The job holder is responsible for overseeing the implementation of existing policies and development of new policies & procedures in ICT, Administration, Finance and Procurement in accordance with the IHRM Strategic Plan. .
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Develop work plans and budgets for approval
• Oversee the execution of the approved work plans and budgets
• Oversee performance management for the department
• Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department
• Prepare draft board management papers for approval
• Identify training needs for the staff in the department
• Participate in workforce planning and recruitment of staff
• Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
• Mentor and coach staff
• Participate in various committees in the Institution
• Respond to requests for information about Members activities or status.
• Facilitate consumer relations, or the relationship between parts of the institute such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.
• Translate corporate goals and objectives into investment attraction, linkage and advocacy targets, strategies and operational plans in line with Institute’s Strategic Plan.
• Maintain business relations with members, government agencies and other stakeholders working arrangements, MOUs and other agreements.
• Establishment and application of appropriate systems to monitor and respond to member enquiries.
• Oversee provision of cost-effective office services
• Develop fleet management systems and policies.
• Ensure that Institute ’s properties and assets are properly insured for damage and loss
• Financial Responsibility
• Oversee development of budgets.
• Oversee preparation of procurement plans.
• Recommendation of proposals to incur expenditure within budget.
• Review payments to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
• Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
• Plan the work of direct/indirect reports.
• Assign work to direct/indirect reports.
• Monitor direct/indirect reports work performance.
• Appraise/evaluate direct/indirect reports performance.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with IHRM clients and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays Oversees procurement for trade fairs & events
• Public speaking and awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization- works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs for IHRM.
• Knowledgeable on investment trends
• presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Business Management specializing in either Finance or Accounting, Human Resource or any other related field from a recognized Institution;
• Masters Degree from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
• Member of relevant professional societies/bodies.
• Qualifications in CHRP will be an added advantage
• Qualification in CPA will be an added advantage
• Computer proficiency
• Meets the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution.
• Have ten (10) years’ experience with three (3) years’ experience in senior management,
• Analytical skills
• Conceptual skills
• Familiarity with Public Procurement and Disposal Policies and Procedures Leadership skills
• Good Communication Skills both written and oral
• Public Speaking skills and Presentation skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.