Institute of Human Resource Management Head of Human Resource & Member Services Jobs in Kenya
Institute of Human Resource Management Head of Human Resource & Member Services Jobs in KenyaJob Purpose The job holder will be responsible for - Development, review and implementation of HR policies, strategies, programs and procedures to support strategic goals and objectives to enhance performance and member services at the Institute.
Providing advisory on HR matters to the leadership, members and the public .
Key Responsibilities / Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Provide professional leadership through development of Human Resource and Administration plans.
• Provide Advisory role to the Executive Director and Council, Members, Finance and HR committee, Registration Committee, Membership & CPD Committee and Heads of Departments on HR Matters
• Develop HR & Administration policies
• Manage the membership application approval process.
• Manage the prospect database in sufficient detail to support association activities
• Publish monthly and annual reports on membership status.
• Develop and manage membership recruitment efforts including maintenance of standard letters and schedule for follow-up to prospective members
• Manage the development and production of products and services created for members.
• Recommend and develop new member programs and
• Develop work plans and prepare budgets for the Department for approval
• Coordinate the performance management in the Institute
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of all quarterly and annual reports for the department
• Prepare draft board management papers for approval
• Consolidate training needs for the Institute
• Develop manpower plans and recruitment strategies for the Institute
• Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Conduct workforce analysis determine optimum staff requirements and design organizational structure to maximize synergies across functions to achieve the strategic plan. b) Conduct job analysis oversee development of job descriptions to facilitate Human resource planning, staff recruitment and selection.
• Develop a performance management system, training and development plan,
• Conduct job evaluation to design a pay structure and design a career development plan.
• Coordinate training and development in the Institute f) Develop an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking and evaluating employee activities including staff training, performance management, medical, insurance and welfare programs
• Oversee maintenance, storage and security of records to ensure integrity of data and information related to human resources programs as well as administrative support services
• Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and regulations
• Develop employee welfare programs
Responsible for HR and Administration budget development and implementation
• Develop and monitor procurement for the department
• Recommend HR & Administration expenses for payment.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Institute
• Plan the work of direct/indirect reports.
• Assign work to direct/indirect reports.
• Monitor direct/indirect reports work performance
• Appraise/evaluate direct/indirect reports performance
• Work predominantly within the office with periodic travel to other work stations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management/Development/Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master’s Degree from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies/Chapter Six of the Constitutions
• Higher Diploma in HRM / Post Graduate Diploma in HR / CHRP (K) or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Practicing Certificate from IHRM
• Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
• Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution.
Previous relevant work experience required.
• Have ten (10) years HR experience with at least three (3) years served in the grade of Manager, Human Resource or comparable senior position in the Public Service or reputable organization
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.