Institute for Transportation Transport Planning Senior Associate Jobs in Kenya
Institute for Transportation Transport Planning Senior Associate Jobs in KenyaAbout the Position The Transport Planning Senior Associate will play a key role in the conceptualisation, design, and implementation of sustainable transport solutions.
The Senior Associate’s primary work areas will include technical analysis and design preparation for BRT and public transport systems.
Additional work areas will include street design, parking management, and urban development policy.
The job will entail a significant amount of fieldwork, including site visits and supervision of surveys.
The Senior Associate will analyse primary and secondary transport data, prepare conceptual designs, and monitor project implementation.
S/he will work closely with governments, consultants, and partner organisations.
The Transport Senior Associate will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Transport Planning Manager.
S/he will work closely with head office staff and international experts. .
● Work with governments and public transport authorities to collect, process, and analyze transport data.
● Prepare high quality technical documents. In particular, prepare operational plans outlining how to improve operational efficiency and service quality in bus and BRT systems.
● Gather information on international best practices in transport system design and apply lessons learned locally.
● Conduct trainings of public transport agency officials in operations assessment and system planning.
● Prepare feasibility reports for transport systems.
● Prepare terms of reference documents for the appointment of consultants for operational planning, IT systems and infrastructure design for public transport systems.
● Work with the Communications Team to create communications materials that facilitate implementation of ITDP initiatives.
● Other duties as assigned.
● A master’s degree in transport planning, transport engineering, city planning, or other relevant field.
● 4-5 years of relevant professional experience.
● Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Kiswahili.
● Familiarity with transport planning including survey design and management; demand analysis; and network planning. Knowledge of transport modelling preferred.
● Excellent Excel, Access, CAD, and GIS software skills required.
● Familiarity with the Adobe suite preferred.
● Strong commitment to advancing ITDP’s mission and to environmental and social justice.
● Excellent research and analytical skills. You should enjoy working with numbers!
● Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects to successful project outcomes.
● Strong communication skills, including preparing effective graphics and making powerful presentations.
● Ability to communicate complex transport issues through concise, compelling messages.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with flexibility, work well under pressure and keep to deadlines.
● Ability to maintain high standards while contributing pragmatic ideas.
● Availability to travel frequently.
How to Apply
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. Local candidates will be given preference.
Interested applicants can apply by sending the following information to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Transport Planning Senior Associate” in the subject line:
● Samples of written work: thesis abstract, technical reports, etc.
● Samples of visual representations such as GIS maps or infographics.
● A one-page note on improving the bus system in your city (with three specific interventions).
We are unable to consider applications without the above details. The position will remain open until filled.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.