IMC MEAL Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
IMC MEAL Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Company Background: International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator is to support better performance and greater accountability by implementing evidence-based program/project management at the field level, to guide and improve performance.
The MEAL Coordinator will provide the technical support to the design of methodologies and tools to ensure the availability of clear and accurate information at the program/project level.
• Mainstream the Global MEAL Guidelines across all related MEAL activities at the field level and ensure the guidance notes for monitoring, evaluation, and accountability are functional at the field level.
• Map and detail the navigation, selection, application, and adaption of existing guidelines, tools, and templates at the relevant stages of the project cycle.
• Develop guidance and standards methodologies for the collection and analysis of data to allow for comparison and aggregation across time and the different projects.
• Actively promote Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within IMC and amongst its beneficiaries.
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the Code of Conduct, ethics, values, and standpoint with regards to internal and external actors.
Project design and planning
• Design and coordinate needs assessment and situation analysis through various approaches (e.g., direct data collection, secondary sources, problem tree analysis, SWOT analysis) and ensure that needs assessment and project design are linked.
• Support to program and MEAL team with developing the results framework, theory of change, log frame and MEAL plan including indicators for existing and new projects.
• Identify the budget/resources needed for MEAL activities of projects.
• Represent the organization in the MEAL and Assessment Working Groups promoting a positive image.
• In coordination with the Program Team and MEAL field Focal Points, establish a reliable participatory MEAL framework for the IMC Mission to ensure quality.
• Design full MEAL procedures and operating plans within the Mission and develop harmonized data collection tools involving the different stakeholders (project team, partners)
• Ensure that accountability to affected populations (AAP) data is collected routinely throughout the project cycle, enabling evidence-based programming and corrective action.
• Develop data gathering strategies and harmonize data collection, analysis and reporting flows for projects in country.
• Collaborate with the Mission’s information, communications, and telecommunications (ICT) section to develop and maintain the MEAL technology system, including updating, troubleshooting, and promptly addressing all problems as they arise.
• Conduct regular site visits or when required to monitor service provision and ensure data quality.
Data quality management
• Develop strategies for assessing the quality of collected data for the indicators and manage tools and methods for assessing data quality for all indicators.
• Organize the planning for project data quality audits and monitor and coordinate routine data quality audits conducted in different sites, compile results at the level of a project and develop actions plans to implement corrective measures.
• Coordinate data gathering and data management of population-based surveys and surveillance activities.
• Use proper sampling (probability and non-probability) techniques taking into account desired power, type of evaluation (e.g., single point or multiple point; baseline vs endline), the objective of the evaluation (e.g. testing for change or getting a point prevalence), and budget limitations.
• Ensure adherence to prescribed methodologies of sampling, data collection, and data entry.
• Facilitate, guide, and supervise external consultant (if applicable) in conducting needs assessment, surveys, evaluations, and contextual analysis. Review the methodology, sampling approach and other important details proposed by the expert/consultant.
• Lead the development of sampling frame, calculate the sample size and draw samples for population-based
Qualitative and quantitative techniques
• Develop and use different qualitative and quantitate methods of data collection including structured/ semi structured interviews, key informant interviews, in-depth interviews, group discussions, focus group discussions and direct observations as an M&E tool. Conduct trainings on quantitative and qualitative techniques for data collection for MEAL, program, and interviewers.
• Prepare tabulation plan and perform quantitative data analysis.
• Perform qualitative textual analysis, develop topical outlines (coding) and support the team in narrating the findings.
• Keeping the social dynamics, manage errors/bias and strategy to minimize them and to ensure the data collected is representative of populations without power (avoiding over dependence on community leaders, local authorities, and/or government authorities as primary sources for defining communities' needs and preferences).
• Develop Terms of Reference (ToR) outlining the objectives, methodology, sampling approach and other necessary details for the study to be conducted internally or by a consultant and oversee the logistics of data collection and data management and ensure adequate resources are available.
• Design questionnaires for monitoring purposes and apply the different interview techniques (structured/semi-structured).
• Conduct regular site visits or when required to monitor and assist partners in the data collection process to ensure data quality.
Master's-level or a degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, or international development, with experience or background in M&E, epidemiology, public health, and health information management.
• Minimum of 5 years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization in designing, implementing, and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks.
• Demonstrated experience in managing teams and building staff capacity within complex programing.
• Experience with M&E approaches for key donors such as OFDA, ECHO, EU, DfID, UN etc.
• Able to identify gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and provide a training in these topics.
• Know causal analysis approaches (e.g., problem tree analysis, SWOT analysis) and carry out situation analysis and assessment of needs and opportunities (with the inputs of technical specialists).
• Possess the skills to write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports) and executive summaries.
• Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• High-level English & Hausa proficiency (Speaking – Reading – Writing).
• Experience in database design and other tools for information management like DHIS2.
• Experience in use of qualitative and quantitative software for data analysis.
• Experience with mobile data collection platform
• Competency in using statistical software EPI-Info, SPSS, and STATA.
• Possess the skills in qualitative data analysis software such as MaxQDA, NVivo, Atlas.ti.
• Possess the skills in mobile data collection software such as Ona, Kobo Toolbox.
• Perform inferential analysis using statistical software.
• Knowledge of inferential statistics.
• Communicate the organizational goals to the team.
• Support innovation and organizational change when needed.
• Have the analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
• Build collaborative relationships and foster teamwork.
How to Apply
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email:
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.