I&M Bank Market Risk Manager Jobs in Kenya
I&M Bank Market Risk Manager Jobs in Kenya I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
REF MRM/05/2020: MARKET RISK MANAGER
The role will support coordination and implementation of the Group’s market, liquidity and country risk management policies and processes.
The role will be expected to support the identification and evaluation of market, liquidity and country risks. .
The Incumbent will report to the Chief Risk Officer and will be responsible for:
• Management of the Market Risk Control function.
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of the Liquidity, country risk and market risk policies, framework and internal controls, and ensuring its compliance by the different business units;
• Participating in preparation of reports for the different Executive management and Board committees;
• Leading and managing the implementation of the Basel framework requirements and internal governance, and overseeing the regulatory submission if any;
• Leading and managing projects related to the Bank’s market risk framework;
• Assisting in the liquidity, and market risk quantification under the ICAAP process;
• Overseeing the daily capturing, monitoring, controlling and reporting of the Bank’s market and liquidity risks and ensuring these are reported accurately;
• Ensuring detailed understanding of all P&L and risk drivers and ensuring compliance levels against established risk appetite.
• Developing and implementing processes for the quality control of market data captured by the risk systems;
• Suggesting, developing and implementing measures leading to a better risk management framework and improvement of internal controls;
• Ensuring adequate limits (VaR, sensitivities, stress) and risk framework are in place aligning with the Bank’s overall risk appetite and desk mandates
• Work closely with the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office Operations to ensure key risk issues are highlighted and addressed prior to introduction of new products.
• Identifying, monitoring and managing all market related risks across the trading desks
• Recommending market risk limits(dealer limits, exposure limits etc) in line with the approved tmarket risk appetite of the Bank
• Second line monitoring of the market risk in the trading book and conduct of the trading desks
• Gaining an understanding of the trading environment in which the different desks operate, including the trading strategies, products, markets and liquidity and discussing and challenging the hedging strategies.
• Investigating and explaining changes in the Trading Book Regulatory Capital
• Monitoring and explaining changes in derivatives margins
• Preparing monthly market risk reports for ALCO & EXCO
Qualification and Competence Requirements
• Experience of at least 5 years in of relevant professional experience in banking and/or financial markets.
• Degree in Economics, Finance, , Mathematics, Actuarial Science or similar
• Post graduate qualifications such as CFA and MBA will be an added advantage.
• Exposure to Treasury Front Office/Back Office and General Ledger reporting systems
• Fluency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Excel to maintain, improve and develop reporting tools
• Good understanding of Market Risk concepts and metrics (VaR, NII, scenario analysis, risk sensitivities, etc.), and governance frameworks
• Thorough understanding of VaR, stress test methodologies and knowledge of valuation models for FX and derivatives.
• Working knowledge of techniques to measure and manage interest rate risks arising from non-trading activities (IRRBB)
• Strong knowledge of Capital Market activities and main instruments
• Ability to analyse, summarize and present data/results
• Strong quantitative, analytic and problem-solving skills
• The ideal candidate is curious, detail-oriented, self-starter and communicates easily and openly.
• Strong work ethic and commitment
• Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Flexible approach
• Able to demonstrate a personal commitment to taking ownership and following up
• Professional designation in CPA or ACCA will be viewed favourably
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements forward your application to
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 22nd May 2020.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.