I&M Bank Assistant Manager Security and Documentation Jobs in Kenya
I&M Bank Assistant Manager Security and Documentation Jobs in KenyaJob Details I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
REF AMSD/05/2020: ASSISTANT MANAGER-SECURITY & DOCUMENTATION
The role holder will be responsible for assisting the Manager-Securities and Documentation in the creation/verification of the Bank’s security documents within the set parameters to ensure proper and enforceable security documents whilst meeting customers’ expectations in line with the Bank’s strategy.
The Incumbent will report to the Manager, Securities and Documentations and will be responsible for:
Pre-disbursement review & sign off:
• Ensuring the following are adhered to and undertaken within the time frame set out:
• Acknowledging receipt of all security documents from the Borrowers via the Relationship Team;
• Updating the pre- disbursement report for tracking purposes;
• Reviewing all documents to confirm legal terms and enforceability;
• Preparing the lodgment/ disbursement sheet;
• Forwarding the original security documents to custody unit for lodgment;
• Forwarding lodgment/ disbursement sheet to credit
Admin for disbursement and updating of the system with details of security held;
• Forwarding to credit admin relevant documents to facilitate:
• Creation of liens in case of cash security;
• Joint registration of Logbook for HP facilities.
Supervising perfection of securities by external advocates:
• Supervising and coordinating the perfection of Bank security documents prepared by the Bank’s external advocates and ensuring completion within the SLA timelines from the date of issuance of instructions to completion.
Undertaking the following pertaining to perfection of securities:
• Instructing external lawyers to prepare and finalise all types of security documentation on behalf of the Bank;
• Reviewing the draft security documents received from external lawyers and also supervising the review of security documents to ensure quality, uniformity and enforceability;
• Prepare in-house security documents for customers and/or the group companies’ wishing to save on legal fees upon request/instructions from management;
• Negotiating syndication agreements for and on behalf of the Bank;
• Liaising with the concerned Relationship Managers in regards to arranging for the execution of security documents by the Bank’s Customers;
• Reviewing the registered security documents to ensure proper registration before submitting the same the Credit Department for lodgement and giving the disbursements go-ahead;
• Assisting the Manager, Securities and Documentation in ensuring that all Land charged to the Bank is not negatively listed on the Ndungu Report or NLC Report;
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
• Diploma in Law (KSL) and Admission as an Advocate with a current practicing Certificate;
• Minimum Five (5) years’ experience in legal practice of which three years should have been in a Financial Institution;
• Post Graduate qualifications in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Must demonstrate managerial and administrative skills backed by leadership qualities
• Possess a high degree of professional ethics & personal integrity.
• Must be hardworking, flexible & service oriented and self -driven;
• Proficiency in use of computer applications;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements forward your application to
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 22nd May 2020.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.