ILRI Consultancy- Conservancy Assessment Field Research Jobs in Kenya
ILRI Consultancy- Conservancy Assessment Field Research Jobs in KenyaJob Details International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a consultant to carry out field research on the performance of community conservancies and alternative governance models for rangelands and natural resources in pastoral areas in Kenya.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR Research Centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
Scope of Work
This will be primarily qualitative and participatory research and will include gathering information on institutions, decision-making, governance, rangeland condition, ecosystem changes, livelihoods and livestock marketing.
It will include approximately 18 days of field research and 10 days of preparation, analysis and writing.
It is anticipated that the consultant will conduct rapid qualitative studies of three (3) pastoralist communities.
• Community case study reports (3)
• Contribute to overarching final report.
Consultancy Fee: Lumpsum or by mutual agreement based on agreed milestones and deliverables
Post location: Kenya
Expected places of travel: Various locations in Kenya
Duration: 3 Months (01 July to 30 September 2020) with a maximum of 28 working days .
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Master's degree in rangeland management, community development, natural resource management, or related field
• Four years professional experience in development, natural resource management, and/or social science research.
• English and Ki-Swahili, including strong English writing skills. Knowledge of Maa/Samburu and/or Ki-Borana would be and asset.
• Experience in qualitative and participatory research methods.
• Experience working in pastoralist settings.
• A background in rangeland management, natural resource management or community development.
• Willingness to travel to remote locations.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ILRI Consultancy- Conservancy Assessment Field Research Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.