IITA Project Manager - Development Initiative Jobs in Uganda
IITA Project Manager - Development Initiative Jobs in UgandaThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Under the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda programme
supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime Minister, International
Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to implement an action, building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacant position of Project Manager for the IITA-led DINU Project.
The position will report to the Country Representative of IITA in Uganda.
• Provide overall leadership and coordination of project team to ensure that project targets are achieved within the set timelines and corresponding budgets.
• Develop elaborate work plans for all actions and activities of the project.
• Coordinate planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
• Create efficient mechanisms for synergies and extensive sharing of knowledge between the three result areas.
• Prepare the periodic financial and technical reports which include - quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
• Liaising with similar DINU and other projects in Lango and Teso to ensure synergies and cohesion.
• Establish and strengthen productive partnerships with public (district) and private sector partners to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing.
• Organize coordination-planning and review meetings with the project implementing partners.
• Work closely with the MEL officer to develop a performance management plan for the projects and monitor the implementation processes to track milestones.
• Contribute to publication of action research results and success stories.
• Perform any other activities as may be assigned by supervisor.
The candidate should at least have a Master’s degree in biological or social sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university with experience in agricultural technology transfer and management of partnerships.
• Experience of at least 5 years as a project manager of large-scale agricultural development projects, in East Africa and Uganda in particular.
• Having experience and good understanding of production, markets, nutritional development
challenges and opportunities in northern Uganda.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate gender and youth issues into development projects for achieving gender- equitable project outcomes and impacts.
• Proven experience working with climate smart agriculture concepts with farmers, local and national governments.
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated communication, networking, computer, and organizational skills and ability to prepare high quality reports.
• Proven experience in engaging with public and private sector stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability in stakeholder and partner engagement and policy dialogue with emphasis on district engagement.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively within and outside northern and eastern Uganda.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IITA Project Manager - Development Initiative Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.