IITA Multi-stakeholder Engagement Specialist Jobs in Uganda
IITA Multi-stakeholder Engagement Specialist Jobs in UgandaUnder the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda
programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime
Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to
implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala
respectively. IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on Agricultural Research for Development, and is governed by a Board of Trustees.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Mutltistakeholder
Engagement Specialist for the DINU Project. The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo town – Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period
of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Establish and strengthen productive partnerships with public (district) and private sector partners to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing.
• Organize regular planning and review meetings with all stakeholders and implementing
partners and participate in policy dialogues and consultations with policy makers.
• Lead continuous advocacy dialogues to engage key stakeholders at various levels
• Facilitate multi-stakeholder discussions coordinated by IITA
• Provide necessary contributions to preparation of stakeholder and consultation plans
• Support the project team to deliver public consultation events
• Provide contribution to preparation of consultation reports and presentations
• Support the project team in preparation and delivery of stakeholder workshops
• Lead identification and mapping of stakeholders and audiences
• Building and maintaining issue-based partnerships and coalitions with the private sector, donors and partners
• Mobilizing resources (including but not limited to financial) from private sector
• Identifying emerging modalities for funding, assessment of their current usage and
potential for the future
• Providing inputs to outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors
• Identifying best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities
• Link the project with other initiatives in the country such as TAAT and AGRA
• Assist the project manager in the oversight of project’s financial administration and
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Master’s degree or equivalent in International Development, Social Science and agricultural policy studies with experience of at least five years in a related field
• Strong partnership development skills
• Strong networking, team building, organizational, communication, public speaking and inter-personal skills
• Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, civil society, women's
groups, donors and public entities
• Ability to establish partnerships and alliances and mobilize resources for scaling and sustainability
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated communication, networking, computer, and organizational skills and ability
to prepare high quality reports.
• Ability in stakeholder and partner engagement and policy dialogue with emphasis to district
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IITA Multi-stakeholder Engagement Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.