IITA Monitoring Evaluation and learning Expert Jobs in Uganda
IITA Monitoring Evaluation and learning Expert Jobs in Uganda Under the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda, permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala respectively.
IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on transforming African agriculture through Agricultural Research for Development as well as Partnership for Development and is governed by the Board of Trustees.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) officer for the DINU Project.
The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office – Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Take leadership in developing and implementation of overall project monitoring strategy including robust M&E tools and approaches
• Lead field-based activities including tool design and data collection, recruitment, training and
• Create and manage project database from all the result areas
• Regularly check and validate data quality with partners
• Work with the project manager to prepare project reports (monthly, quarterly and annual)
• Coordinate baseline, mid and end line surveys
• Perform routine project monitoring and evaluation for real time improvement and tracking progress on performance
• Support project partners to integrate monitoring and evaluation in their activities and train them
on M&E requirements
• Develop periodic workplans in collaboration with project partners, conduct progress reviews and
updates and write performance reports
• Identify lessons from the project and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the
• Coordinate activities with project partners and PMU – OPM as may be necessary.
• Represent the consortium in the DINU M&E working group
• Avail the project manager with management information required
• Ensure proper filling of field reports and activity related documents; supports actively the
visibility strategy of the project
• Routine planning and reporting meetings
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• Msc. degree in Agricultural Economics or related field with 5 years’ working experience.
Advanced diploma in M&E is an added advantage
• M&E working experience in an EU funded project
• Familiar and knowledgeable in M&E methods and approaches in the agriculture, health, nutrition
and rural development
• A strong ability to work within a team under minimum supervision and deliver results.
• A demonstrated understanding of Programming and budgeting processes of International donors
and government of Uganda.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Ability to liaise with other project implementing multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to ride a motor bike with a valid driving license
Excellent communication skills in English and local language
Computer proficiency including MS Office (Word/ PowerPoint, advance excel skills and SPSS)
Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
Past working experience in northern Uganda – Lango area is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications, which must include covering letter, curriculum vitae, academic certificates, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Country Representative, IITA – Uganda.
P.O. Box 7878, Kampala.
OR hand deliver to plot 15B East Naguru Road, OR Send by
E-mail to J.Anyango@cgiar.org
Please indicate position applied for on the right-hand corner of envelope or in subject line for emails.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.