IITA Driver Jobs in Uganda
IITA Driver Jobs in Uganda Under the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda, permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala respectively.
IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on transforming African agriculture through Agricultural Research for Development as well as Partnership for Development and is governed by the Board of Trustees.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Driver for the IITA-led DINU Project.
The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office– Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Provide secure and timely driving services to the DINU project staff, goods/documents and any other person authorized to travel in official transport
• Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases
• Regularly maintain DINU project transport assets and ensure they are in perfect condition with up to date licenses
• Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general vehicle maintenance schedules
• Update monthly mileage records -Maintain logbook of each service vehicle on daily basis
• Work with the project manager to organize a project calendar on driver service planning and scheduling
• Ensure that DINU staff make it to all appointments, meetings and other duties on time
• Perform proper checking vehicles on a daily basis following standard checklist provided by IITA and ensure proper cleaning of the vehicles
• Informing the project managers if any irregularity happens to the project vehicles and suggest the necessary steps
• Assist in identifying and purchasing necessary spare part for project vehicles; undertakes minor repair of vehicles under the administrative custody of the project and obtains appraisals on cost of vehicle repairs.
• Act as a backup for the Receptionist and as a messenger, assist with meeting room rearrangement for various meetings/events and perform occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
• Support in the organization of workshops and seminars in accordance to the DINU project workplan, including logistical
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• Secondary school certificate with valid driver’s permit/license issues by a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a driver
• Experience with maintenance of vehicle records and transport files
• Knowledgeable about road network and traffic rules of Uganda
• Good English language understanding, speaking and writing skills
• Ability to manage competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Good IQ and capability to manage emergency situations on the road, if any particularly at the time of traffic accident
• Formal/hand on technical training on vehicles maintenance and repairing work are preferable.
• Willing to undertake intensive field trips outside the duty station
• Good health/physical fitness certified by a professional registered Doctor
How to Apply
Applications, which must include covering letter, curriculum vitae, academic certificates, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Country Representative, IITA – Uganda.
P.O. Box 7878, Kampala.
OR hand deliver to plot 15B East Naguru Road, OR Send by
E-mail to J.Anyango@cgiar.org
Please indicate position applied for on the right-hand corner of envelope or in subject line for emails.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.