IITA Dietary Intake Lead for Nigerian National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey Jobs
IITA Dietary Intake Lead for Nigerian National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey JobsBackground The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for
the internationally recruited position of Dietary Intake Lead for Nigerian National Food
Consumption and Micronutrient.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global
agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
• Lead, plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to dietary intake for the survey including pre-survey and main survey fieldwork.
• Lead and/or contribute to activities for the development of detailed pre-survey field protocols
(i.e. standard operating procedures for the development of standard recipes, collection of
conversion factors and pre-testing of portion size estimation methods).
• Lead pre-survey training workshops with field workers (i.e., training field workers to
facilitate group discussions, and on methods for the collection of standard recipes, market
surveys and pre-testing PSEM).
• Lead and/contribute to data collection and analyses to generate databases to be uploaded into the INDDEX24 application.
• Lead in the development of a data analysis plan for the dietary component of the survey,
data-cleaning and drafting of dietary reports.
• Lead training workshops with all field staff (i.e., field coordinators, supervisors and
• Oversee coordination of field operations, provide support in the management of the
• Work closely with all stakeholders of the NFCMS, particularly with the dietary technical
advisors (such as Intake – Center for Dietary Assessment/FHI Solutions and International
Dietary Data Expansion Project (INDDEX)).
• Report to the overall survey coordinator.
• Supervise project staff on dietary intake.
• Perform any duties assigned by the supervisor (Overall Survey Coordinator).
The candidate should have a finalised PhD in Nutrition, Food Science/Technology, Public Health or related fields.
• At least five years of field-based work in large scale dietary surveys preferably in Nigeria or in low- and middle-income countries.
• Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across activities while utilizing strong
communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of the ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage complex teams, including problem solving skills, and
capacity to meet deadlines and deliver quality deliverables to meet objectives.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills (proficiency in English).
• Knowledge of Nigerian foods desirable.
• 10 years of significant related international experience to successfully achieve meaningful
and sustainable results.
• Previous working experience in an international organization and/or in a complex or multifaceted environment.
• Competence in quantitative analysis, with the ability to present patterns in data with both
statistical rigor and simplicity to non-specialist audiences.
• Ability to translate technical material into practical tools and guidance materials.
• Visual creativity, including design of slides and diagrams and excellent presentation skills.
• Reliable, timely, delivery-oriented working style
• Capacity to foster effective, trusting, collaborative relationships, within the coordinating office, but also with external stakeholders
• Fast learner with curiosity and appetite to take on challenging tasks personally
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on specific tasks
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IITA Dietary Intake Lead for Nigerian National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey Jobs
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.