IITA Biomarker and Anthropometry Lead Jobs in Nigeria
IITA Biomarker and Anthropometry Lead Jobs in NigeriaThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across
sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase
employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global
agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Biomarker and Anthropometry Lead will be based at IITA, the NFCMS coordinating office
in Ibadan, Oyo State and will:
• Lead, plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to biomarker and anthropometry for the survey.
• Report to the overall survey coordinator.
• Lead and coordinate with eHealthAfrica and participate in identifying and evaluating
capacities of local laboratories to effectively carry out all assigned lab analysis.
• Work closely with eHealthAfrica and OPM in the identification of appropriate laboratory
supplies and equipment and storage space as required by the survey.
• Coordinate with eHealthAfrica and assist with cold-chain storage space as required by the
• Supervise and work closely with the sub-awardee (eHealthAfrica and Oxford Policy
Management (OPM)) in planning and implementing the sample movement process.
• Lead the development of training manuals and the delivery of training to field teams.
• Lead and coordinate with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
eHealthAfrica and OPM training and piloting for the biomarker and anthropometry field
• Lead and oversee coordination of field operations, provide support in the management of the sub-awardees.
• Communicate progress on important aspects of the survey prior to survey training, during
training, piloting, implementation, and post survey activities.
• Lead in the development of a data analysis plan for the biomarker and anthropometry
component of the survey, data-cleaning and drafting of reports.
• Perform any duties assigned by the supervisor.
The candidate should have a finalised PhD degree in Nutrition or Public Health or related fields.
• At least five years of field-based work and experience in large scale surveys involved in biosample data collection in developing countries.
• Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across activities while utilizing strong
communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of the ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage complex teams, including problem solving skills, and
capacity to meet deadlines and deliver quality deliverables to meet objectives.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills (proficiency in English).
• 10 years of significant related international experience to successfully achieve meaningful
and sustainable results.
• Ability to translate technical material into practical tools and guidance materials
• Previous working experience in an international organization and/or in a complex or multifaceted environment
• Competence in quantitative analysis, with the ability to present patterns in data with both
statistical rigor and simplicity to non-specialist audiences
• Visual creativity, including design of slides and diagrams and excellent presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Reliable, timely, delivery-oriented working style.
• Capacity to foster effective, trusting, collaborative relationships, within the coordinating office, but also with external stakeholders.
• Fast learner with curiosity and appetite to take on challenging tasks personally.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on specific tasks.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IITA Biomarker and Anthropometry Lead Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.