IITA Agricultural Productionist Jobs in Uganda
IITA Agricultural Productionist Jobs in UgandaUnder the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda
programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime
Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to
implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda, permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala
IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on transforming African agriculture through Agricultural Research for Development as well as Partnership for Development and is governed by the Board of Trustees.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Crop productionist for the IITA-led DINU project.
The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office – Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Management and oversight of the production activities.
• Designing implementing and monitoring of on farm demonstration gardens
• Coordinating with the district staff to provide extension knowledge to farmers
• Organize and conduct training for farmers and community extension staff
• Familiar with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
• Familiar with region where the Project is implemented.
• Ability to assess and review critically the project activities and results.
• Good knowledge and experience in analytical assessment and participatory techniques
• Coordinate activities with project partners as may be necessary
• Routine orientation and training of incoming production staff
• Coordinating with the nutrition and market teams to ensure synergy
• Routine planning and reporting meetings
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• Msc. degree in General agriculture, Agronomy, Extension or related field with 5 years’ working experience in Agricultural development especially extension
• Extensive knowledge in agronomy and farm management as well as agricultural risk
• A strong ability to work within a team under minimum supervision and deliver results.
• Experience in data entry, data management, quality assurance and timely reporting
• Proven knowledge of data collection tools including structured questionnaires.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Ability to liaise with other project implementing multi-disciplinary teams
Excellent communication skills in English and local language
Computer proficiency including MS Office (Word/ PowerPoint, advance excel skills and SPSS)
Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
Past working experience in northern Uganda – Lango area is an added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IITA Agricultural Productionist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.