IFDC Global Security Manager Jobs in Kenya and Ghana
IFDC Global Security Manager Jobs in Kenya and Ghana
The Organization: IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to identify and scale sustainable soil solutions for improved food security and livelihoods around the world.
Responsible for the set-up and implementation of in-country operational security risk
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Communication & Reporting:
• Communication is the main pillar of security; ensure always to maintain a solid communication with staff, partners, other NGOs and other stakeholders and value any information, even based on rumors and pass to Country Representative;
• Ensure staff members and visitors are always updated on security situation in the country
– by e-mail, SMS, or other communication system.
• Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition;
• Ensure that communication material is available and fully charged;
• Never relay on a single communication network, have 2nd or even 3rd means of communication;
• Coordinate with Local partners and other relevant stakeholders;
• Attend relevant (INSO and/or other) security meetings after approval of Country Representative;
• Update Country Representative on security situation in the field;
• Provide security briefings and debriefings to newcomers, travelling staff and others;
• Provide minutes of meetings to relevant stakeholders;
• Compile a monthly security report and analysis;
• Write regular security management reports with situational analysis and recommendations;
• Ensure that IFDC’s Country Security Plan is relevant and updated as appropriate and that
all staff members and visitors know their roles and responsibilities.
Staff, Program & Premises Safety & Security:
• Monitors staff and visitor adherence to the Country Security Plan;
• Actively involved in support to and follow-up of security incidents;
• Acts as coordinator in the Local crisis Response Team (LRT);
• Ensures updated risk assessment of program locations and related mitigation measures;
• Take appropriate security/safety measurements to limit and mitigate the security/safety
risk and damages of IFDC premises;
• Secures IFDC premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment;
inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates;
• Ensures IFDC compound is safe and secure, and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries;
• Ensures security guards are well aware of and equipped to their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty;
• Monitor on regular bases and ensure IFDC premises are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits, hibernation kits and emergency contact list;
• Monitor on regular basis and ensure security guards have access to basic security equipment (torch, mobile phone + charger and credit and IFDC emergency contact list).
• Ensure there is safe area for fleet parking, drivers alerted for any evacuation in an immediate notice;
• Conduct a security assessment of IFDC new premises before IFDC goes with contract signatures;
• Identify an exit routes and arrange transportation and safety measurements to evacuate
staff – in case the situation turns into violence;
Transport & movement Safety
• Coordinate staff movement in the field – in coordination with Security Focal Point and
• Ensure all vehicles equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and IFDC emergency numbers, if not, inform NAFO/Security Focal Point to update;
• Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
• Monitor with Logistic team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles in
IFDC with the GPS tracking system;
• Organizes relevant permits, together with Country Representative and NAFO.
• Ensure all staff members and visitors are aware of IFDC Country Security Plan and other internal safety & security documents;
• Identify needs for Safety & Security training for staff (both national and international);
• Organize Safety & Security training in order to get full awareness and compliance to the in-country safety & security situation, risks, and mitigation measures.
The ideal candidate should have a background in a relevant Safety & Security field, with a
minimum of 2 years of experience working as an NGO security officer.
• Should demonstrate previous experience with NGO security and/or project management.
• Should demonstrate understanding of NGO safety practices and principles and their application.
• Should demonstrate experience of effective contacts with national and local authorities,
non- state actors and military forces.
• Should be willing and ready to support the IFDC team in designing and implementing the
appropriate risk reduction strategy (acceptance, protection, deterrence) especially for remote field locations.
• Ability to write good quality reports and a Country Security Plan.
• Has a proven ability to work across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting
multiple staff members.
• Has expertise in responding to security incidents, conducting security assessments
establishing a Country Security Plan (policy & procedures).
• A collaborative colleague, able to create a shared vision of security with the country
• Ability to help Country Representative, Security Focal Point, and other team members in learning regarding Safety & Security issues.
• Has a network of security contacts and information sources in order to gather information
on emerging events and trends quickly and accurately.
• Able to spot trends and keep IFDC Global Security Manager informed about country risks and support needs.
• Knowledge of / insight in the country (security) context.
Willing to travel up to 50% of time.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IFDC Global Security Manager Jobs in Kenya and Ghana
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.