IFDC Country Security Officer Jobs in Mali
IFDC Country Security Officer Jobs in Mali
The Organization: IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to identify and scale sustainable soil solutions for improved food security and livelihoods around the world.
Responsible for the safety and security policy and its implementation in IFDC.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Analyzes international and local developments and translates these into recommendations
for improvements in security policy, procedures, and guidelines, ensuring that IFDC is continually incorporating best practice approaches;
• Guides operational support and oversight of IFDC's Security Risk Management framework, to enable the safest possible and most efficient conduct of programmes.
Ensures that IFDC's SRM framework is monitored for compliance, reviewed in line with
best practices from the sector, and in line with other IFDC policies, standards and requirements;
• Actively contributes to the development of Country Security Plans.
Safety and security procedures:
• Informs the relevant Country Representative, Country Security officer / Security Focal Point and Committee on Safety, Security and Crisis (CSSC) of any areas of concern, non- compliance, or potential or suspected violations;
• Monitors the security situation in IFDC programme countries, ensuring that the country
Security Risk Management (SRM) is in line with IFDC's policy, principles, and risk threshold.
• Supports the CSSC to manage critical security incidents and crises, including the evaluation of lessons learned;
• Prepares the CSSC and Local crisis Response Team (LRT) members for their relevant role in the crisis management team through regular (tabletop) simulations;
• Monitors and provides technical advisory services on security to relevant stakeholders at
global, regional, and country level, for SRM to improve throughout the organization.
Information and analysis:
• Leads on the sharing of analysis of contextual trends and best practices in SRM, to enable the CSSC and other internal stakeholders to make informed decisions;
• Ensures that information concerning security is communicated to all relevant stakeholders (local and expat/global office staff, consultants, interns, and third-party travellers);
• Maintains the database of security incidents and tracks their follow up;
• Liaises with external Safety & Security experts;
• Ensures that standard ways of working, templates and formats are accessible and known to the CSSC, Country Representatives, Country Security Officers, and Security Focal Points throughout IFDC;
• Ensures that
staff members have the security skills and awareness that they need;
• Ensures compliance with IFDC's security training policy;
• Providing briefings to travelling / new global and regional office employee;
• Delivers safety & security training and presentations.
• Participates actively in the Global Interagency Security Forum and other relevant (inter)national NGO security forums and organizations and stimulates in-country security networking. Actively seeks and stimulates opportunities for formal and informal cooperation.
• Maintains an active network among key actors to ensure gathering of reliable security
information, training opportunities and support.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of safety & security management on Masters level
and a background in NGO Safety & Security, with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Has knowledge of the Codes of Conduct and the organizational culture of Non-Governmental
• Has ability to read, write and speak the English and French languages at C1/professional level;
• Has knowledge of for IFDC relevant networks, sectors, regions, and cooperation partners.
• Knowledge of safety and security policy and internal organization of IFDC and familiarity with acceptance-based models of security risk management;
• Social/Communication skills to act as external contact person and coordinating of activities.
• Writing skills to formulate recommendations and procedures.
Willing to travel up to 30% of time.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IFDC Country Security Officer Jobs in Mali
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.