ICCO Regional Senior Programme Development Officer - RSPD Officer Jobs in Uganda
ICCO Regional Senior Programme Development Officer - RSPD Officer Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsRegional Senior Programme Development Officer (RSPD Officer)
ICCO is an international NGO, actively promoting sustainable livelihoods and justice and dignity in rural communities in Central, Eastern & Southern Africa.
We work in 9 countries in the region including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Burundi and Rwanda.
Our programmes focus on access to finance for smallholder farmers, climate resilient agriculture, innovative technologies, youth employment and emergency response.
The Regional Senior Programme Development Officer is responsible for the development of high-quality project proposals, developing relationships with existing and new donor according to ICCO Cooperation’s regional strategic plan.
The Regional Senior Programme Development Officer (RSPD Officer) is responsible to secure funding from existing donor networks and to broaden up towards new sources of financing for programmes within the framework of the ICCO Cooperation Regional Strategic Plan.
Together with the Country Managers (CMs) and programme staff, the RSPD Officer is responsible for ensuring that ICCO’s funding levels grow, that donor relations grow, and new funding opportunities are identified. Special focus is needed for Ethiopia and Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities of the RSPD Officer
● Identify funding opportunities and oversee development of effective grant project designs and proposals for submission to donors.
● Serve as proposal coordinator for high value proposals to ensure development of high-quality concept papers, proposals and ensure proper bid management. Take lead in writing multi-country proposals.
● Developing track record references to ensure high-quality proposals that meet the requirements of the donors.
● Support Country Managers with donor strategy analysis, prepositioning, risk assessments and develop and update their countries’ funding strategy.
● Identify alternative and innovative fundraising possibilities in the region (businesses, foundations and private donors).
● Identify and contact prospective leads and advise the Regional Head of Programmes and Country Managers as to which ones to pursue;
● Ensure all countries have proposal development focal point points and proposal development teams, outline roles and responsibilities of each team member.
● Ensure feedback is received from donors and discussed among the proposal development teams
● Ensure effective transition of approved proposals from design team to the implementing managers.
● Be aware of the latest developments within the donor community in the region and contribution to their policy setting;
● Build active relationships with potential donors, allies/partners. Ensure donor intelligence and community priorities/needs, create opportunities and position ICCO for funding opportunities.
● Respond to other strategic networking tasks on request by management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
Master’s Degree in International Development, Social Sciences or a related field.
Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms (in particular Dutch government, EU, ECHO, German government, and World Bank).
5-7 years of experience in international development and demonstrate a level of responsibility and accountability.
Proven successful fundraising skills with institutional donors and experienced in strategic donor liaison.
Experienced in developing public private partnerships and complex proposals.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Excellent planning skills with a strong attention to detail.
Experience in managing, negotiating and resolving highly complex tasks, awards and award-related issues in an effective manner.
Ability to lead and coach proposal development teams, sometimes in other countries
Ability to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information and data
Entrepreneurial and responding to opportunities
Good relationship management skills in both private and public sectors
Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
Good knowledge of policies and working procedures of institutional donors
Strong independent team worker
Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands
Able to meet competing priorities, demanding deadlines and work under pressure.
Able to maintain strong working relationships with key donors
Has strong planning and time management skills, multi-task & adapt to frequent changing priorities.
Has strong analytical skills and in depth understanding of strategies (ability to link donor priorities and Cordaid strategy)
Personal commitment to ICCO’s philosophy, work, and mission
Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO Cooperation
Master’s Degree in International Development
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICCO Regional Senior Programme Development Officer - RSPD Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.