ICAP Surveillance Lead Jobs in Nigeria
ICAP Surveillance Lead Jobs in NigeriaPosition SummaryICAP at Columbia University seeks experienced and qualified experts to serve as Surveillance Lead for several proposed CDC-funded projects related to improving and protecting global health security (GHS) through developing capacities of government health ministries, institutions, and local partners; strengthening health information and surveillance systems and promoting initiatives that support International Health Regulation core competencies.
ICAP is recruiting five Surveillance Leads who will oversee all aspects of the surveillance systems strengthening component of the CDC-funded projects. Reporting to the Project Director, s/he will be responsible for building and/or improving a robust health surveillance system with the goal of identifying and reporting potential epidemics and events of concern to public health such as outbreaks, intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens at the national and/or international levels to enhance rapid and effective response mechanisms.
The Surveillance Lead positions will be based in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Tanzania.
The positions are subject to a successful funding application and final approval by the CDC.
• Responsible for the overall technical, operational and administrative management of the surveillance systems strengthening component of the CDC-funded project
• Ensures that all project activities and objectives are carried out and aligned with the GHS as well as the requirements of IHR (2005) and other national and international standards.
• Designs and conducts monitoring, evaluation, and quality improvement assessments needed to ensure that surveillance systems activities and deliverables are on track and adhere to donor and key stakeholder requirements.
• Serves as the focal person as well as a technical representative for all surveillance systems strengthening aspects within the project as well as with CDC and other external stakeholders and partners.
• Ensures that technical assistance, mentoring, and capacity building with government counterparts and key stakeholders on surveillance and epidemiologic systems and methods are provided.
• Oversees the design and conduct of surveillance-related implementation training, capacity building, mentoring, and other and continuous improvement activities for staff, relevant government ministries, and partners supported by the project.
• Ensures that relevant project reporting, documentation, and publications on surveillance systems are technically sound and are disseminated timely and appropriately.
• In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead and other project team members, provides technical guidance and direction on strategies and approaches in collecting, analyzing, reporting, and using quality surveillance data.
• Leads data mapping processes to generate trends and visualization tools and dashboards to improve decision making.
• Leads the development, improvement, and dissemination of standard operating procedures, guidelines, policies, training materials and job aids, and other materials concerning surveillance activities supported by the project.
Education: Advanced degree in public hand health, international development, with a specialization in epidemiology, infectious disease detection, surveillance, and diagnostics.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
• At least 7 years of progressive experience in national/international infectious disease surveillance with a focus on geospatial analyses, cost analyses, and strategies for capacity-building at national and/or international levels. At least 5 years of which were spent in a senior project leadership role.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing field-based surveillance methodologies, which includes analysis of epidemiological investigation data using new or existing methodologies and techniques.
• Experience working in international health or development organizations or projects related to any or all of the following: global health security, global health programs through health systems strengthening, integrated health service delivery, capacity building, strategic health information system strengthening, surveillance, emergency response, in resource-limited context.
• Ability to analyze issues, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations; to prepare and present comprehensive statistical and narrative reports; to conduct effective presentations
• Strong knowledge of statistical and database software, including SAS and MS Access, preferred
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of national, regional, and/or international public health issues.
• Demonstrated competence working within CDC or agencies with similar regulations and procedures.
• Proven experience in establishing working relationships and collaborating with the U.S. government, other bilateral and/or multilateral donor agencies, and with host-country governments
• Proven ability to write technical reports and program documents and deliver presentations.
• Fluent English oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel regionally/locally or overseas approximately 40% of the time.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICAP Surveillance Lead Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.