ICAP Laboratory Lead Jobs in Kenya
ICAP Laboratory Lead Jobs in Kenya The Laboratory Lead positions will be based in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Tanzania.
The positions are subject to a successful funding application and final approval by the CDC.
• Responsible for the overall technical and operational activities of the laboratory systems component of the project.
• Ensures that all activities and objectives of the project related to laboratory systems components are carried out and achieved.
• Serves as the point person for all laboratory systems related information and communication within the project as well as with CDC and other external stakeholders and partners.
• Designs and conducts monitoring, evaluation, and quality improvement assessments needed to ensure that laboratory systems targets and deliverables are on track and adhere to donor and key stakeholder requirements.
• Ensures that relevant project reporting, documentation, and publications on laboratory systems are technically sound and are disseminated timely and appropriately.
• Oversees the selection, procurement, distribution and maintenance of equipment, supplies, and instruments of laboratories supported by the CDC-funded project
• Provides guidance and direction on training, mentoring, and other capacity building and continuous improvement activities for laboratory staff, relevant government ministries, and other partners supported by the project.
• Leads the development and/or improvement and dissemination of procedures (e.g., testing, specimen collection, etc.), guidelines, policies, procurement chains, and other SOPs needed by the project.
• Ensures laboratory staff adhere to requirements of national and international minimum standards that support core global health security priorities.
An advanced degree in laboratory medicine, biological sciences, or relevant field.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
• At least 7 years of progressive experience in large clinical and public health laboratory settings in the following areas: microbiology, laboratory quality control, and quality assurance systems, implementation, and management. At least 5 years of which were spent in a senior or project leadership role.
• Experience working in international health or development organizations or projects related to any or all of the following: global health security, global health programs through health systems strengthening, integrated health service delivery, capacity building, strategic health information system strengthening, surveillance, emergency response, in resource-limited context.
• Prior experience with relevant technical laboratory procedures related to HIV/AIDS, TB, and/or other communicable diseases.
• Demonstrated experience in developing national laboratory policies, strategic and operational plans, guidelines, and manuals.
• Demonstrated experience in quality assurance, quality control, protocol development, specimen management, and electronic information systems within a laboratory context.
• Experience implementing laboratory accreditation and laboratory strengthening programs.
• Competent in the development and implementation of work plans, M&E activities, and reports.
• Proven ability to effectively mentor and advise laboratory professionals; experience overseeing the training of staff engaged in laboratory activities and improvements.
• Ability to liaise with senior MOH and county government officials as well as senior members of the donor community. • Demonstrated competence working within CDC or agencies with similar regulations and procedures.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the country context in general and public health situation, in particular, is required.
• Fluent English oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel regionally/locally or overseas up to approximately 40% of the time
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICAP Laboratory Lead Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.